UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: cornflake zoo 6 & 7

I have vol 1 of this series which I think is pretty good and vol 5 which I think is fairly average. Is this going to be one of those series like others from this label that drag out a series until it becomes a bit of a barrel scraping exercise.

Any feedback on the other volumes in this series would be appreciated. I prefer a psych volume over pop so if any fit the bill they're the ones for me.

I'm sitting this series out altogether. If they put a 10 cd card sleeved box set out at some point I may go for that but I don't need more clunky jewel cases clogging up my shelves. I've got much of what's on these on older vinyl compilations. I suspect you'll find that all volumes have pop and psych on them rather than being stylistically themed or chronologically organised.

PM

I stopped buying most of these type of CDs a while ago. I did buy Oliver Standing Stone (yea, I know its not a comp.) on Prog Temple recently but was a bit disapointed. When the hardcore stop buying I wonder how long the series will go on for!

Most of this stuff is previously comped, album tracks or at least listenable on Youtube etc. And if it's not any of these then theres probably a good reason why!

Must admit I haven't bought any particles in about 2 years myself.
I haven't written them off as such and will probably pick up a couple from the recent series just to check in but not high on the priority list.