UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BJH -Senses (unreleased acetate)

Hi Joe. Yeah, it really is a cool song. I can see how you didn't originally recognize it as BJH. After listening to it I thought the vocals sounded different than the usual BJH recordings. This makes me wonder how many other great unreleased, unknown tracks from our favorite bands are out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs0AENsq8_w

I must point some folk to listen to the extra tracks included in the debut BJH album reissued on cd a few year ago(2002),some real fab stuff pre album to be heard including early sessions for the BBC,songs like "Night"which to my ears is a fab piece of psych and a lot harder sounding than most of their songs,"Mister Sunshine",Brother Thrush",Pools of Blue"and an early version of"Dark Now my Sky"plus more....i must say BJH are a real favourite of mine,i do enjoy for the most part most of BJH's first 4 albums,all enjoyable....the cd reissues which have been out for a few years are recommended as all come with some great extra tracks plus they all have excellent booklets.Ive not checked how much those cds are selling for,but im sure most will be easy and cheap to get.If youve not heard much of this fine group,i certainly would point you to at least the first 2 cd reissues of the debut"their first album" and second album'Once Again".Some real good music with some beautiful orchestral backing on the BJH albums!!