UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Creation "Painter Man" new CUSTOM stereo mix!!!!!

So, let me start off by saying The Creation are my favorite band of all time. If you're like me and you love The Creation and the early Who, you tend to buy new releases of their material, especially when it promises either unreleased material, or remastered sound with new stereo mixes. But like me, you might be slightly disappointed by these stereo mixes sometimes. Shel Talmy had an annoying, time saving habit of recording the basic master takes in stereo, but in the mix down to mono for single release, he'd have the band do overdubs, namely double tracking vocals and lead guitar overdubs. So, often the stereo mixes of your favorite songs don't sound right. Missing guitar parts, and less robust vocals. He also have an annoying habit, as many early producers did, to do extreme stereo separation, sometimes with vocals and backing tracks on completely different channels. The new "Creation Theory" box set, while still being amazing, has some of the problems. Some of the stereo mixes are alternate takes, a while the sonic quality is astounding, it's still not your favorite song you know by heart. I present, my first attempt to rectify this problem. I give you my custom stereo mix of "Painter Man"! It's the new 2017 stereo mix, but now it has double tracked vocals, all the violin bowed guitar parts, and the correct coda. Let me know what you think and I might attempt more.

http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/E2ecYFuv/file.html

Re: The Creation "Painter Man" new CUSTOM stereo mix!!!!!

I like it Kevin. Congrats on a great job. The difference in the backing vocals and bowed guitar clarity is what I noticed the most.

sterling work Kevin

Glad you like it. I think I'm going to attempt "Tom Tom", "Biff Bang Pow", "Life is Just Beginning", and maybe "Making Time".