General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Oceanic Odyssey compilations

@frothninja I use adguard adblocker works most times

Would it be please possible to re-up Odyssey #6 compilation?

Thanks you,
Nick

Daniel(butterflyrobot)did a great job with this exhaustive dive into some great sounds,i was very lucky to have received mine many years ago,it was all new to me at that time and encouraged me to find other stuff from that part of the world,mainly bought a fair bit of the Aztec Music reissues along with Vicious Sloth records reissues on cd,can anyone tell me if Aztec Music is still releasing 60s and 70s reissues?Also the Big Beat cd Peculiar Hole in The Sky featured some brilliant psych from aussie and NZ along with other stuff like the Buried Alive box set and the recent box set How is the Air up There released by RPM.Also I must mention the fab series the sadly missed psych e-zine Sweet Floral Albion did on Australian and New Zealand music from the 60s and early 70s.Some bloody great music covered by all ive mentioned.But Daniel really opened my eyes with this humungous series,one of the best privately put together music series i've come across!!!Brilliant stuff!!!!Thank you Daniel,and no not Daniel the Postman by The Avengers!!!....lol.....

Yes Stuart, they're still going. Mainly 70's recently. aztecmusic.com.au

Aztec just issued a 4 CD set of everything issued on the Go label, which covers '65 to '67.

Nothing trippy here, but a lot of solid Aussie beat and many of the original 45s on the label now go for some serious money when they do turn up.

https://www.aztecrecords.com.au/products/avscd100

This set is very reasonably priced and with postage, it amounted to less than $50 US.