Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Toby Twirl LP

Thanks lads,

just wondering Mark if you would class it as psych? or blues or whatever - just from the song titles it didn't strike me as very psychy but I haven't heard it.

Anything on Toffee Apple Sunday levels?

I'm amazed at myself, because I love the band, but I won't be buying it after what I read about it in a review that was attempting to be kind. It just doesn't sound interesting and I can imagine it just sitting there unplayed....

Maybe if there some more Bickerton/Waddington originals amongst the covers I would be more interested.

https://theepsychedelicatessen.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/toby-twirl-toby-twirl-mega-dodo-lp-cd.html

Yeh i got this cd a couple of weeks back,i have to be honest i was disappointed in this,i hate trashing or being critical of someones hard work,but unfortunately the music is very disappointing,too many covers and i'll be blunt i personally thought the non-covers weren't that great either!!Maybe i was expecting too much......sorry guys i can't raise much enthusiasm!!I have just received the Bodast cd this morning,not opened it up yet,i have the original RPM cd that was out in 2000,i thoroughly enjoyed that cd,can't believe that was 17 years ago.Its been rereissued this time by the Esoteric label.Both RPM and Esoteric as most of you know are 2 labels by Cherry Red,so i know i will enjoy Bodast more than Toby Twirl.

Thanks for being honest Stuart.Y

Thanks for all the feedback lads- guess this will join my "maybe sometime list"