UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A Game For All Who Know THE H & F Recordings Box (5 CD Box Set)

This release i am quite excited about,i have them all as singular cds released by Acme/Lion ,My fave album out of the five is the Ithaca one,by this time the production seemed to be more together and not as disjointed and may i say ramshackled as "Alice Through The Looking glass" album!!All 5 albums are on the whole a good listen,basic here and there production wise,but entertaining.If i remember all the singular cd have unreleased extra tracks included.I was just wondering if anyone knows,are those extra tracks included in this box set?I think this set is being released by those good chaps at Grapefruit....probably now the main UK purveyor when it comes to putting the clam box sets out there.

Agincourt is another wee gem of an album,i love this too,but i would recommend this 5 cd set to anyone interested in UK private pressed releases from the 60s through to 71,which incldues quite an eclectic vibe as you have a mix of folk, psych,pop and yes a bit prog in there too.
I would love to see a box set of the Holyground labels recordings as released by Kissing Spell on single cd a few years back.Some fab music made on that label recordings also.But thats just a snapshot of the progress of music through the years.It;s just a wish,who knows it could happen!!!

Well looking forward to its release!!!

Re: A Game For All Who Know THE H & F Recordings Box (5 CD Box Set)

Had this box set a few days. I quite like it but not as good as the hype made about it though.