UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Chimera re-release

Where did you see this new edition advertised / mentioned Gian? I can't find anything by googling other the original the Wooden Hill CD or the other band called Chimera (with a picture of a lion on the front).

Paul

They are the same band Paul, just check most of the titles ;)

the 19 tracks list refers to the Wooden Hill cd, the following to the new MBT cd

new release here
http://www.heyday-mo.com/catalog/chimera-/-holy-grail-cd.html

also on Amazon but wrong name, Chimira :)

Discogs only lists the 2017 release of Holy Grail as an LP with just the 10 tracks on it from the original selftitled album.
I'm eager to hear the CD to be released.
It's not a lion on the cover. It's a chimera, the creature of Greek mythology made from bits of different animals [and/or mythological creatures] - in this case, lion, snake, goat and dragon, I think.

Human chimeras were first discovered with the advent of blood typing when it was found that some people had more than one blood type.
Some people's bodies do indeed contain two sets of DNA. A person who has more than one set of DNA is a chimera, and the condition is called chimerism. The word comes from the mythical Chimera, a creature in Greek mythology that's part lioness, part goat, and part snake. - www.medicinenet.com/

Thanks for the info, guys.

The review in the latest issue of shindig states this new release to be from '...newly discovered master tapes..' and '...a virtual second album of full-blown May '70 recordings...' So I for one will be adding it to the Wooden Hill edition I already have as soon as the post returns to normal after Xmas.

PM:grinning:

'

I picked it up last month and it is excellent.Sound greatly improved and the 1970 tracks are very good and full band, not acoustic demos. Liner notes rather vague and rather brief, but other than that, a great cd