UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MICHEL POLNAREFF - POP ROCK EN STOCK

For any Francophile with a deep enough pocket full of Xmas wonga, this new 23 CD book set might relieve you of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icwKCzIw0FQ

I know there are Polnareff fans on this site - Philippe, what do you think of , I imagin you know his music pretty well? I love his film music, Le Folies de Grandeur is my wife's favourite Louis De Fenese film ever (my French spelling is inevitably wrong, sorry). Scott in US, you're a fan as well I think? His first album is classic French pop but I sort of lose him a bit after the early 70s. I know there are other (much cheaper!) collections of his around, I guess this one puts them all in one place but is it a E100 worth (£96 on Amazon UK)?

PM

Re: MICHEL POLNAREFF - POP ROCK EN STOCK

Thanks Paul fot this information. I have just ordered this box which existence seemed impossible because of rights problems (80 euros on Amazon.fr).

It is a fantastic sum of recordings for a fan like me, even if Polnareff's LPs end-70's and 80's are so-so.

I am going to discover his scores and it is great to have a lot of concerts (I have bootlegs, but not always of excellent quality) and rarities.

This box which I look forward is for fans only and a compilation of its first years is enough for other people.

I wait for the same thing for Christophe, a french pop artist too and as crazy as Polnareff.

Hi there, it's been a long time since the Cherry Smash forum...

Anyway,French listener here, the new Polnareff is excellent from cd 1 to 11... After that, the post 1975 stuff isn't my cup of tea. His music turns into a US music sound whereas his 60's stuff as very UK sounding.
The 1972 album sounds much better than the old cd I had and it's a great album even though it hasn't any very well-known tracks outside of France.

I'd really wish they released this in two separate box, but I guess they wouldn't have sold the second part very well !

Merry Christmas to all !
Thierry

I've only managed to get to disc 10 so far, and loving it all.I guess when he moved to the US it affected his song writing. I always loved tracks like 'Tam Tam' though. There's a Johnny Hallyday set in the same book set format as well but goes from 1960-75. I have the RPM 1966-69 CD anthology which is excellent and his 1969 album also, but don't know what the 1970-75 output is like. I can easily live without the 1960-65 era though

Happy new year all

PM:grinning: