UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Steve Harley's diary 14/02/2018. Get well soon, Steve.

Steve recently had a fall that caused him to have hip surgery.
https://www.steveharley.com/diary/693-diary-140218.html
If you care, please send him your best wishes for a speedy recovery, via Rachel Cameron at: comeuppance@btinternet.com.

'If you create just one incredible thing in your life, you made it.'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo4-b4rOsYE
This gent makes me smile whenever I hear this song. Pure magic. Thank you, Mr Harley!
And yes, I know he did a lot more than 'Make Me Smile'.
:smile:

Re: Steve Harley's diary 14/02/2018. Get well soon, Steve.

Love his Menagerie album..did they ever do a deluxe version?

one shed phil
Love his Menagerie album..did they ever do a deluxe version?
Human Menagerie. Ah. Not an album that really interested me, Phil, as I'd had enough of those effeminate sounding glam rock vocals from the likes of Bowie and Bolan in previous years.
However,as a point of musical history and 'cos you made me wonder, I had a look at finding an answer to your question. Seems there's been no deluxe version [I appreciate that you'd probably like to have an informative booklet with previously unpublished photos and lots of background info. on the album].
What there is, is an 'audiophile' 180g rerelease, hopefully sounding a load better than the standard LP or CD, but at nearly £30 quid to buy, only a wealthy or massive fan will want to risk such a spend to find out.
The whole question of what are you getting from a 'heavy' [150-200g] LP is really interesting [I've a few myself, unplayed and to be a gift to someone when I die] and I'll post a really good link to an indepth analysis with other's views soon.
'Til then, turn up the volume and spark up a doobie.
:sunglasses:

Checked ebay the other day and the cd versions of Menagerie are a lot more expensive than the vinyl..found that a bit weird