UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nirvana (UK) - Rainbow Chaser: The 60s Recordings (The Island Years) 2CD

Has anyone bought this yet? I just wondered what the packaging is like, is it a jewel case, digipak etc?

PM

:slightly_smiling_face:

Re: Nirvana (UK) - Rainbow Chaser: The 60s Recordings (The Island Years) 2CD

It’s an eight panel digipak with 2 x plastic clip trays. Very nice booklet and art work on the digpak, a bit like the recent Creation 4 x cd set but with a yellow ground rather than red. I'd prefer it be clip tray free and just have thr dscs slip inside the inner sleeves but apart from that it's a nice looking package.

PM

Re: Nirvana (UK) - Rainbow Chaser: The 60s Recordings (The Island Years) 2CD

Hello Paul,im a bit late on this,but yes i think its a very attractive package,in fact its bloody beautiful,booklets smashing too,as for the clip case for the cds,that doesn't bother me one bit,as long as they stay clipped in!!As for the music,well fabulous stuff,the extras are also good to have,i really like this double cd package,but man i wouldve loved to have saw a box set release,i suppose we can't have everything!!!Sound quality is top notch,as ive said a few times in the distant past,the sound quality on cds and the technology used has vastly improved in the last 10 odd years.Listening to this cd i can't see how the sound can be improved on what we have here,no clicks or pops,just sublime sounds.A good job well done!!!!Recommended!!!Also the new cd reissue of "Black Flower"released by esoteric is sounding great too,this album has also been known as "Dedicated to markos lll"the full story on this is included in a fine booklet!!!!2 fine releases!!