UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Neil Young 1975 Homegrown - unreleased album reconstruction

This is a reconstruction of the unreleased Neil Young album Homegrown, the subdued and acoustic album primarily about Young’s separation from his wife Carrie Snodgress. Originally meant to be released in 1975 as the proper follow-up to On The Beach, it was shelved in favor of the more electric and immediate Tonight’s The Night, never to see the light of day.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homegrown_(Neil_Young_album)

For your listening pleasure, a Neil devotee has painstakingly reconstructed the album for our enjoyment. He could only find authentic recordings from the correct time period out of perhaps 17 songs that were lined up as potential pieces of Homegrown.
It's not the only attempt to reconstruct this album, but to my knowledge and ears, this is the best. Please correct me if you know better.

http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/vvyyZHN6/file.html

Your comments and reviews here on the album will be much appreciated as it often feels like as a contributer to UKPDF I'm talking to myself.
For anyone who appreciates the erratic and magical genius of Neil Young, this one's for you.
So, please skin up a number of homegrown, spark it up and enjoy this creation.
Thanks to soniclovenoize for his skillfull work here and on so much other stuff. I may well post more of these albums that never were by this guy if this is appreciated.
Hope you can dig it!

Re: Neil Young 1975 Homegrown - unreleased album reconstruction

Nice sounding album Steve yes mate it does feel like you are talking to yourself but I can remember back in the day this place used to be full of arguments and laughter but the main folk who used to wind everyone up seems to have gone in the wind..shame really as they were quite a knowledgeable lot

I am still here. Keep up the good work lads.

Yes Phil, the numbers seem to have dropped off but without Steve's contributions there would be little happening at all.
So cheers for that Steve.

Great to see you are still about Flaxton hope you are well young man

Cheers Phil.