UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Marty Wilde - Abergavenny: The Philips Pop Years 1966-1971

Just released by Australian label Teensville. A 29 track collection of Wilde's 'interesting' years (no junk shop glam 'Zapo' persona though!) This CD sees Wilde's 1969 'Diversions' album on CD for the first time, the cover which is used for this set and adds the marginal and interesting singles that came after it like 'No Trains To Lime Street' and 'A Prelude To Old Age' and of course 'Shelley'.

On Amazon UK for a tenner at present:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Abergavenny-Philips-Pop-Years-1966-1971/dp/B07D4ZSWCW/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1531042183&sr=1-1-fkmr1&keywords=Marty+Wilde+%28UK%29+-+Abergavenny%3A+The+Philips+Pop+Years+1966-1971

PM:slightly_smiling_face:

Re: Marty Wilde - Abergavenny: The Philips Pop Years 1966-1971

Thanks for the heads up Paul I've just ordered mine

Yeh I preordered this ages ago,was really looking forward to hearing this cd,but unfortunately Amazon Logistics look as if they've delivered it to the wrong address as it came up as delivered ….not at mine it didn't,along with Buffalo Springfield box set,Belinda and various other gearfab cd reissues I bought cheaply direct from Amazon,well pissed off!!!!They better replace the lot of them,i don't want a refund,i want the music!!Anybody have any advice on how to deal with this??I've been on the phone to Amazon customer Care yesterday,theyve said wait 24 hours,its nearly that!!Stuff still not shown up!!This has really annoyed me,saying left it with my next door neighbour,nope they never got it plus the name who signed for them aint their name.No ticket put through my door either, to say they tried to deliver.All very odd!!!!

Stuart - Try checking with people at every variation of your address. In the past when Amazon were using Yodel to deliver goods, they have delivered things to 'No.3' instead of '33' and that sort of thing so it might not be 'your' neighbour they left the package with, though it should have your address on the label so whoever took the package in might make their way over to you with it, but of course they won't have the same sense of urgency about it as you have so may take longer doing it. I know how anxious this sort of thing can make you feel.

Paul:relaxed:

Hi Stuart just got mine but if its new stuff from Amazon itself I get it delivered to local post office..not failed yet