UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Electric Ladyland

Well, it's out early November. Unbelievable box set but my main gripe, only gripe in fact, is that there's a blu Ray attached. Wish I had a player. I only own a DVD. Oh well........

Re: Electric Ladyland

Maurice
Well, it's out early November. Unbelievable box set but my main gripe, only gripe in fact, is that there's a blu Ray attached. Wish I had a player. I only own a DVD. Oh well........
Forgot to add a link. http://www.jimihendrix.com/news/the-jimi-hendrix-experience-electric-ladyland-deluxe-edition-50th-anniversary-box-set-out-november-9th/

Hi Maurice,
I saw no link so found this -
https://variety.com/2018/music/news/jimi-hendrix-electric-ladyland-box-set-1202940012/

Bit of a shit to ONLY give a blu ray thing and no regular dvd as well.
Hope you got a friend who can burn it to dvd for you. i don't own a blu ray thing and don't care! dvd is good enough for me.
Pretty sure i got the studio out takes stuff - had over 200 folders of whole outakes, practise tapes, concerts etc etc. before my [2nd time] ext. drive died!
THERE'S A WEB SITE FOR GUITAR MUSIC FREAKS THAT HAS ALL AVAILABLE JIMI STUFF.
If you don't want to put your email address here, Phil,Greg, Joe and a couple of others here have mine and will give you it if you want.
SEE YA ROUND,
Steve.

Sorry Maury, can't see the wood from the trees sometimes.
I'll email you next time I use it.
Until then, well ...
there might be another gripe around the corner - the price?
19CD Box set.
See how this grabs ya:

Jimi Hendrix - Studio ’68
Jimi Hendrix
Studio ’68
The Complete 1968 Studio Sessions
Willjamz Productions
Excellent Quality

Disc 1:
January 21, 1968 - Olympic Studios, London
1. All Along The Watchtower
2. All Along The Watchtower
3. All Along The Watchtower
4. All Along The Watchtower
5. All Along The Watchtower

January 26, 1968 - Olympic Studios, London
6. Tax Free
7. Tax Free
8. Tax Free
9. Tax Free
10. Driving South

March 13, 1968 - Sound Center Studios, New York, New York.
11. Little Miss Strange
12. Somewhere
13. Somewhere
14. Somewhere
15. Somewhere
16. Somewhere

https://mega.co.nz/#!3MpjVY4L!6RwPrt...Q1ojq2tspvEhlk

Hmmmm,could've sworn I posted a link. Yes,well the price. It IS expensive but I'm hoping it will come down a bit. I won't be buying the set yet a while. Won't be purchasing a blu ray. I'm happy with DVD but I'm hoping it'll come out separately eventually.
Any ways, dead pleased to be here. Feeling at home already.
How do I go about changing my icon ?

You see where it says Avatar URL: ?
LINK IT TO AN IMAGE [PREFERABLY ON A 24HR SERVER SOMEWHERE]
Click on the bb. code link FOR SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS

GET YOUR THE PIC LINK BY RIGHT CLICKING ON YOUR PIC AND 'COPY IMAGE LOCATION' [or similar]

Check if you did it right using preview button on PDFUK and voila!
----------Are you getting disc 1 i put up here for you? [above]
any prbs, just ask.

StevesStuff
Hi Maurice,
I saw no link so found this -
https://variety.com/2018/music/news/jimi-hendrix-electric-ladyland-box-set-1202940012/

Bit of a shit to ONLY give a blu ray thing and no regular dvd as well.
Hope you got a friend who can burn it to dvd for you. i don\\\'t own a blu ray thing and don\\\'t care! dvd is good enough for me.
Pretty sure i got the studio out takes stuff - had over 200 folders of whole outakes, practise tapes, concerts etc etc. before my [2nd time] ext. drive died!
THERE\\\'S A WEB SITE FOR GUITAR MUSIC FREAKS THAT HAS ALL AVAILABLE JIMI STUFF.
If you don\\\'t want to put your email address here, Phil,Greg, Joe and a couple of others here have mine and will give you it if you want.
SEE YA ROUND,
Steve.
QUOTE: "Pretty sure i got the studio out takes stuff - had over 200 folders of whole outakes, practise tapes, concerts etc etc. before my [2nd time] ext. drive died!"
Should have been clearer. Over 200 folders of Jimi Hendrix stuff.

The pic is the front cover of the gatefold sleeve as originally released - in the UK. ONLY BANNED IN usa and other uptight places like Saudi, Kuwait, etc etc.
Jimi had to spell it out to people - it's not erotic. The point is these women look particularly unattractive. Jimi and all of us in 1968 were surrounded by BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, many who were beautiful girls.

StevesStuff
You see where it says Avatar URL: ?
LINK IT TO AN IMAGE [PREFERABLY ON A 24HR SERVER SOMEWHERE]
Click on the bb. code link FOR SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS

GET YOUR THE PIC LINK BY RIGHT CLICKING ON YOUR PIC AND 'COPY IMAGE LOCATION' [or similar]

Check if you did it right using preview button on PDFUK and voila!
----------Are you getting disc 1 i put up here for you? [above]
any prbs, just ask.

Thanks for the link but I've clicked on it but it doesn't seem to work. Perhaps I have to copy and paste.
I'll try and change the icon a bit later.