UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What was the last album you listened to?

Thanks to the latest Shindig, giving Donovan's Fairytale a whirl. Haven't played this for a year or two. Great stuff.

Just listened to the uk band, Dry Ice cd recorded in 1969 and just seeing its first ever release.I really enjoyed the majority of it,absolutely love the track"Clear White Light"this song is bloody fantastic,with blistering guitar,"she gave"is also a pretty impressive number along with the single"Running to the Convent"."Fake It"is damn good too.Could do without their version of Dylans"Its all over now baby blue",but to my ears thats really the only low point,a very enjoyable listen and a worthwhile addition to the late 60s rock canon.A well priced cd released by the rebooted morgan blue town label.With liners telling the story of the band.

Otis Blue. Unbelievably soulful.

SF Sorrow. No explanation needed.

Will say though that I was fortunate enough to catch them on their farewell tour last Sunday. Phil May has had enough of touring but they will still play the occasional festival. Their last date before they say goodbye is on 13/12 in London. If you are able to get there do it, you won't regret it.
The band are incredibly tight, Phil's voice is still hanging in there and Dick Taylor, wow. I was blown away by what a great guitarist he is. For some reason I'd never appreciated his guitar work as much as I should have, but seeing him live really made me realise how good he is.

https://www.songkick.com/venues/32994-indigo-at-the-o2

http://xpressmag.com.au/the-pretty-things-the-xpress-interview/

Mr Wisdom 's Whopper
SF Sorrow. No explanation needed.

Will say though that I was fortunate enough to catch them on their farewell tour last Sunday. Phil May has had enough of touring but they will still play the occasional festival. Their last date before they say goodbye is on 13/12 in London. If you are able to get there do it, you won't regret it.
The band are incredibly tight, Phil's voice is still hanging in there and Dick Taylor, wow. I was blown away by what a great guitarist he is. For some reason I'd never appreciated his guitar work as much as I should have, but seeing him live really made me realise how good he is.

https://www.songkick.com/venues/32994-indigo-at-the-o2

http://xpressmag.com.au/the-pretty-things-the-xpress-interview/
Thanks for this. Hope to get there.

Beatles-White Album not listened to this in a age very refreshing to hear it again

Eric Burdon and the Animals- The Twain Shall Meet

Big big train. Live album.

The Pretty Things-The Psychedelic Years a superb 2cd it was cheap to buy but just checked and its rising but would maybe cost a tenner on ebay

Blonde on Blonde-Bob Dylan

Chocolate Watchband-Melts In Your Brain Not On Your Wrist

A great choice.

Marvin, Welch & Farrar ‎– Second Opinion, very underrated and cheap as chips (literally).

Here they are with Cilla-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVHvi-bmms8

Bill Fay - Time Of The Last Persecution. Seems particularly relevant in our current apocalyptic times.

Small Faces 66 debut. Come on Children is a raw Faces track as you can get. Powerful.

Listening to "Mad Shadows"album by Mott The Hoople.This album released in 1970i find pretty enjoyable,not a classic by any means but i enjoy it!!I much prefer the early Mott The Hoople rather than the all the young dudes era.Their first 4 albums i find very enjoyable,A real mix of sounds!!

Toads Of The Short Forest-Mindmower. Swedish band, best current psych sonds I've heard in a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o0P_x1f6As&list=PLi4UkEKk4uj-w46t6tAXCFW0cXoN-ANEC

Fresh Cream by Cream. Haven't played this in absolute ages.

Lotsa Beatles albums especially the early ones and now gone on to Donovan who I havent listened to for ages his early tracks are like a breath of fresh air

Been meaning to post this for awhile. "Try A Little Sunshine-The British Psychedelic Sound of 1969"
If ever there was a misnomer of a title it's this one. Sure, it has a few well known tracks by Factory, Jason Crest, Onyx, Shy Limbs and Fleur De Lys. But I found it overloaded with harmony pop, folk, very average run of the mill fluff and a lot of stuff more suited to a Fading Yellow comp. Definitely not psychedelic.
Disappointing when you realise that 1969 was that psych crossing over to prog time that could have seen bands like East Of Eden, Blonde On Blonde, Mighty Baby, Gun and Griffin among plenty of others that would have more in common with the title than what made the final cut.

The Knack(and how to get it) soundtrack. Great stuff and a wonderful film. Listening now to 24-7 Psychedelic Rock station. Doctor Robert just finished and now Blossom Toes' Remarkable Saga of the Frozen Dog.

Recently watched Robin & Marianne. Also a Richard Lester film.

PHLUPH-SAME (US, '67?) poppsychy with cheesy, dated organ - almost circusy-sound. On Verve label.

Listening to the Esher demos from the White album.

I'm about to spin The Honeycombs nice sounding band
RIP Honey Lantree who passed away over Christmas aged 75

Supernatural Fairy Tales by Art

John Lee Hooker & Canned Heat Hooker N Heat,Lightnin' Hopkins Down Home Blues.

Kevin Coyne-Marjory Razorblade

Crabby Appleton-s/t

Cramps-Off The Bone

Going through my vinyl alphabetically.

One of my latest additions. The End- Introspection

THE GREEN PAJAMAS "IN A GLASS DARKLY" ep inspired by ghost stories of Sheridan Le Fanu

Noel Redding- The Experience Sessions

You got a long way till you reach The Wurzels Mr Wisdom

Just been spinning The Grip Weeds what a great band and they have some great neo psych tracks well worth checking out

Curtis Live by Curtis Mayfield

Pink Floyd -The Very Early Years 67-72 a really great double cd set of their early tracks

The Beatles E.P.'s always a good listen