UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PTOLOMY PSYCON- Loose Capacitor (1971)

The latest 10" release in our RARE VINYL series.

Recorded in 1971 with a rare private pressing limited to 225 copies - originals are now worth £800.
This reissue recreates the original silk-screen print cover and is pressed on splatter vinyl.

Available to buy from https://shop.recordcollectormag.com/p...
Category

Record Collector Magazine

Re: PTOLOMY PSYCON- Loose Capacitor (1971)

Bought a few copies of the reissue, glad that this finally got reissued after previous attempts that never materialized.

This is well appreciated.
Thanks Paul.

No problem Steve,

latest issue of RC (487) has more details on the recordings if anyones interested. I haven't got mine yet but will let ye all know whats its like when I do.

Got my copy before Christmas and only getting to listen to it now. Great music if a little lo-fi but then this is to be expected for a school band. The sleeve is a 10inch gatefold with info on the band and the school within and on the back cover. Mine is red vinyl and the record labels are new and not the ones shown on Steve's post above. While I would have prefered an "exact repo" with insert (but thats just me) and many people might feel its a lot of money for a 10inch with less than 23mins of music I'm really glad to have this in my collection.

Hi Paul, friends, lurkers.
Any chance of the record collector article on this rerelease, from someone with a scanner? For my educational and research purposes, I'd certainly appreciate it from anyone here. Please don't say you can send me it, only to say some time later "Sorry I have a scanner but I don't know how to use it." or similar.
Incredibly, someone using UKPDF said the equivalent of that about a part/all of something, then claimed their IT savvy brother knew how to do it and that he'd send it to me later, then AGAIN even later, after bullshitting me twice, wasted more of my Earthlife and told me their brother didn't know how to do it either! 3 stikes and you are outasight to me. I don't have much time left to waste by tolerating fools.
With a 3 minute search, I can only find the website advert and no article. However, I did find this on the web -
http://www.hvpropertyclearance.co.uk/time-to-look-at-your-record-collection/
It contains a decent article about collecting rare vinyl, {except for the unappreciation of this record and band and the lack of understanding that 'LO-FI' doesn't necessarily mean 'not good' comment} pointing out what makes a record financially valuable and the insane prices record collectors will pay for 'that holy grail'.
Naturally, it's not the re-releases on coloured vinyl at stupid prices I'm interested in, nor monetary value nor the shoddy fake reproductions [needledrop or inferior bootleg copies made for a few pence then sold by greedy wankers for a price dictated by the market!].
The true value of a record {or anything} is what it's worth to you.

Simply -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOzU9UdOkYA