UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
VA-Living Life Backwards

I'm not sure who compiled this comp but I'm sure its someone from this group..if you know who it is please leave a note so I can credit them with the comp

VA-Living Life Backwards-A Trip Through The Pop Side Of The Early 70's Underground
01-Chubby Checker-Gypsy.mp3
02-Year One-Eli's Coming.mp3
03-Pete Brown & Pibloko-Living Life Backwards.mp3
04-Made In Sweden-You Can't Go Home.mp3
05-Lutha-Sun Song[.mp3
06-Espirit De Corp-Picture On The Wall.mp3
07-Choc avec Richard Kennings-The Devil.mp3
08-Hot Chocolate-Go-Go Girl.mp3
09-Chubby Checker-Goodbye Victoria.mp3
10-Exchange & Mart-I Know That I'm Dreaming.mp3
11-Bert Sommer-Brink Of Death.mp3
12-Crabby Appleton-Go Back.mp3
13-John O 'Hara & The Playboys-Sister Rae.mp3
14-Choc avec Richard kennings-Time.mp3
15-Pacific Drift-Water Woman.mp3
16-Lutha-My Turn To Cry.mp3
17-Bonnie St Claire & Unit Gloria-Catch Me Driver .mp3
18-Howard Walker-Eat Me.mp3
19-Pacific Drift-You You On.mp3
20-Chubby Checker-Stoned In The Bathroom.mp3
art.jpeg

link
VA-Living Life Backwards-A Trip Through The Pop Side Of The Early 70's Underground.zip
https://www57.zippyshare.com/v/8mq5RPXS/file.html

Re: VA-Living Life Backwards

Ta-Da!!! 'twas I phillip of two sheds. Many moons ago 'afore the advent of the invisible ones who moved mysteriously through the eather and could only be trapped inside the deadly 'Ipod'. I remember free-roaming discs called CDRs which the denizens of the internet would tarry and play a while when discovering new old music that had evaded their ears over decades of neglect. Lazer scorched onto said discs these revived gems were compiled and traded or gifted for the benenfit of all with enquiring ears. Now only the guardians at the temple of 'old tech' know the operating process as the invisible ones once more seamlessly insinuate their way onto your IPhone, deprived of a phsycial format. But in those days of cyber-yore, 'Living Life Backwards' made its mark as the outing of tunes long forgotten, now long since fully rediscovered and itself consigned to the nether reaches of the seldom explored CD shelves of once enthused elders.

PM:smile:

Ha! Well expressed Paul. Now CDRs are seeming antiquated artifacts!

CDR's didnt last long at all I wonder how long digital down loads will last and what will come next ?

Re: VA-Living Life Backwards/cds & cdrs

Yeh I did a few of those cdr comps myself way way back and even went as far as sending them all out by snail mail,not cheap!!I did it because I got a great buzz out of sharing the stuff!!Also I thoroughly enjoyed putting them together with help from my then girlfriend,chopping and changing tracks,listening to literally loads of songs,i personally didn't even have a computer then!!!!Designed the artwork which really was pretty basic,and secretly printed them at the office I worked in.But I loved it and it was the time of the ezine Sweet Floral Albion where a few who frequent on here did articles for!!I found those times pretty exciting,things just seem to be more accessable and easy to do(not for me as im way way behind in technological things)now,but not as exciting,hence I still buy cds when I have the money,the sound of cds have improved massively in the last 10 or so years.Plus packaging has vastly improved in most cases.Theres always been a big vinyl only collector thing going on,but I find some folk can be pretty snooty concerning cds,i agree particularly with the psychedelic period,coversleeves artwork does not transfer well to cd size,At least with a lot of cds you get fab liners and great period photos etc in booklets.as I have already said,the sound has improved massively!!!!
I have lots of privately made cdr comps,and they still play fine,no degradation sound etc.One of the best from around that time were the Jagged Time Lapse comps,particularly volume 5 with its booklet and liners!!!!I still love the 60s and 70s sounds as much,but I have found im going back to the music I listened to as a youngster trojan reggae,2 tone and ska with some punk more and more in recent times.

Re: VA-Living Life Backwards/cds & cdrs

Hi Stuart. I can remember having quite a few cdrs done by the marmalade guys. Including yours which were fab.