UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wishful Thinking "Live vol. 2" unreleased follow up

So I just found out that in 2002 a second "live" album from The Wishful Thinking (Vol. 1 being a studio recording with overdubbed audience sounds) was released on a 2 CD collection, cleverly called "Live Vol. 2" I don't know anything about the music on it, except the track list. It was a privately released bootleg that originated in Denmark, I think. If anyone has it, or knows where to get a copy, I would love to hear it. I have a soft-spot for this band. Here's the track list:

Disc 1:
1. A Girl In The Park
2. On The Top Of The World
3. Someday
4. Count To Ten
5. If You Don't Want My Love
6. Lost And Down
7. That's The Time Together
8. Vegetables
9. That's What Love Is Made Of
10. Somebody's Taken Maria Away
11. Baby You'll Be On My Way
12. Local Dust In The Future
13. Something Else/ Summertime Blues
14. For What It's Worth
15. Good Thing
16. A Wonderfull One
17. Mr. Dyingly Sad
18. My Girl In The Month Of May
19. Cherry Cherry

Disc 2:
1. Hush
2. I Want You Girl
3. A Big Noise From Winnetka
4. Bouree
5. Money Honey
6. Peanuts
7. Sunshine Girl
8. Trying To Get To You
9. Morning Dew
10. The Exodus Song

Great choice of covers. It's indicated that it was recorded Live VORUP UNGDOMSSKOLE,
RANDERS, DENMARK 1968. Hopefully someone here knows something.

Re: Wishful Thinking "Live vol. 2" unreleased follow up

Hi Kevin,the Wishful Thinking debut album is a pretty wishy washy affair to my ears though the photo on the sleeve promises more enlightened psych affair in all their hippie garb and flowery artwork,sorta middle of the road harmony pop stuff,far better is the album"Hiroshima"recorded in late 1970 but lay gathering dust till mid 71,i really like this album which was available cheaply on a nonlegit label prog temple but the sound quality is good.More adventurous songs and arrangements than the previous Live Volume 1 from over 2 years before!Hiroshima was produced by Lou Reizner who also worked with the marvellous Eyes Of Blue whose albums Crossroads of Time and in fields of ardath are highly recommended along with the Big Sleep album!!Though different beasts to Hiroshima!!Hiroshima is Certainly worth checking out if you can pick up the prog temple boot cheaply!!!

Re: Wishful Thinking "Live vol. 2" unreleased follow up

Hey Stu, I have pretty much everything the band recorded and released during their existence. I like "Live vol.1" but I can see why others wouldn't. I don't think it's a great album, I just have a soft spot for it. As for the Hiroshima album, it is superior. I might have a lead on "Live Vol. 2", will let you know.