UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wot lps/cds yawall get for Crimbo?

Wot vinyl/cd crrrraaackkk did youse get for Crimbo, Jimmehs?

Just back from a shitty record store Boxing Day sale - all vinyl 15% off. Foxsake! That just covers the tax here.

Got only 3 lps:

EKSEPTION - SAME Canadian press with different coverart. Very hard to find without some ringwear. So finally got a minto cover. (Now I have 3 different origional coverarts for this release.)

MOUNTAIN - TWIN PEAKS dont really like this band - dont have any of their lps. but this 2lp live Osaka set has jamming and some good electric guitar workouts. 8 dollah - which is a good price.

JIMMY SMITH - ORGAN GRINDER SWING on orig. black Verve label - Verve is like that Blue Thumb-wotsit jazz label. Good recordings and good grade vinyl. You can't really go wrong.

Re: Wot lps/cds yawall get for Crimbo?

Come Join The Orchestra-The British Baroque Pop Sound 19670-78 3 cd box set

Dusty in Memphis,
White album,
Hendrix live in Paris,
Hendrix live at LA Forum,
Smile,
Think Pink by Twink,
Gene Clark Sings for you and the
Try a Little Sunshine comp.

Lovely.

An excellent collection Phil, I thoroughly enjoyed that box from beginning to end.

PM:blush:

Led Zeppelin I on vinyl. The Action-Shadows and Reflections-Complete Recordings box set.

Pretty quiet for festive season buys,but i did treat myself to a few things only because i got them cheap:
WE CAN FLY BOX SET
ENGLISH FREAKBEAT BOX SET
JIMMY CLIFF-S/T
BOBBY FULLER FOUR-THE MUSTANG SINGLES

And one book-young,gifted and black-the story of trojan records.I'm going through a Trojan reggae thing at the moment,back to my first love in music,ska and reggae was the music i listened to as a spotty teenager.Now i'm just a spotty middle ager...lol.....