UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Magic Carpet 1972 s/t

This is a very fine private pressed LP from the 70's. Recorded 1971, released 1972.
If you're going ' ' Oh no! Not more 'wonderful rare private pressed LPs' from SteveStuff. - that's fine. Just please don't waste your time on my UKPDF posts. Thanks.
It's here on youtube but in pretty poor sound quality:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5ZP_NPcgY4

I have it in lossless flac files and it sounds wonderful to my ears.
Well worth seeking out.

When you find it, enjoy!

Re: Magic Carpet 1972 s/t

Hiya Steve, totally agree, this is a fine album, I bought the cd more years ago than I care to remember which has extra stuff on it which is excellent too. Was this not produced by Vic keary who did the second hand reality album?Alisha sufit also did a solo album if I remember right. I just love the sitar Steve, I can chill and listen very contently to this fine album

StevesStuff
This is a very fine private pressed LP from the 70's. Recorded 1971, released 1972.
If you're going ' ' Oh no! Not more 'wonderful rare private pressed LPs' from SteveStuff. - that's fine. Just please don't waste your time on my UKPDF posts. Thanks.
It's here on youtube but in pretty poor sound quality:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5ZP_NPcgY4

I have it in lossless flac files and it sounds wonderful to my ears.
Well worth seeking out.

When you find it, enjoy!

Not really a "private" pressing, just a small independent label :innocent:

I had the pleasure to meet the lady singer, many years ago. She was singing solo at the Bunjes, Saffron Summerfield (who sang a bit for Trader Horne replacing Judy Dyble) was there too, and the Magic Carpet sitar player was selling the tickets!!

Released on mushroom records which I'm sure was set up by Vic keary in a few hundred copies, so a rare artefact, clem Alford I'm sure played on this and he also released a couple of sitar driven albums. Grapefruit records released a double cd of mushroom records and Vic keary produced tracks which is a very eclectic but enjoyable listen with good booklet. Magic carpet feature on this double cd comp. Got a funny feeling this release may have not been amongst grapefruits better sellers, but it's a collectors curates egg in my humble opinion. 46 tracks in total. Vic keary certainly had involvement in many interesting recordings, for us on here the group second hand sticks out.

Wow. Gian, would that be Bunjies Folk Club [Charing X]? When I used to hitch up to London from Canterbury to score and hear the most wonderful music in the sixties or early '70's?
I'd go to the Earl of Sandwich pub to get my 1/2 oz of sticky black for me and a few mates, chill out in the basement at Bunjies and get an invite to crash at someone's pad before hitchhiking back the next day.

StevesStuff
Wow. Gian, would that be Bunjies Folk Club [Charing X]? When I used to hitch up to London from Canterbury to score and hear the most wonderful music in the sixties or early '70's?
I'd go to the Earl of Sandwich pub to get my 1/2 oz of sticky black for me and a few mates, chill out in the basement at Bunjies and get an invite to crash at someone's pad before hitchhiking back the next day.
That one yes! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunjies