UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ridiculous prices

just about to purchase im a freak baby 2 and rainbow ffolly box sets which have been at 19.99 for ages, had a look today the day before they are released for next day delivery and they have both gone up to 32.99. i thought i'm not paying that. why is this. what are they trying to do. was really looking forward to these but 32.99 no way

Re: ridiculous prices

Yes, I know what you mean. I think you'll find plenty of them on eBay and from Amazon MPS sellers for the original price as of tomorrow, the Amazon price will then go down again. I pre-ordered the the Freak 2 box at the orginal price that you quoted, 'All The Young Droogs' junkshop glam box at the same price of around £19 (now £28 on Amazon) and the early electronica third noise Principal 4x cd set at £28 which is now £46.22 on Amazon. It's odd that these inflated prices all seem to apply to Cherry Red issued titles, a UK label. Amazon draws on many suppliers, and it looks like the hike in prices which has been an issue for getting on for a year now must be because they are being offered them from an external (to the UK) supplier perhaps?

Amazon seems to be run exclusively by algorhythms and doesn't proactively do price comparisons but waits for a punter to tell them about it or when the MPS listings go up and are half the price they might notice! Even if Amazon are quit ignorant of the issue, though you would expect Cherry Red might have noticed, it must hurt their sales? Amazon is so big that it can close people's accounts because it doesn't like that they have returned six things in a year out of 60 that might have been kept (algorhythms again) and not worry about loss of custom, so it won't be bothered about this obvious glitch in its pricing. It would be intriguing to know why it is doing it though.

PM :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Re: ridiculous prices

Hi Frank. ]

Good question, brother. I'm only giving you my point of view here. Seems some people will always think I'm an arrogant know-it-all at times. Sure. From their point of view I am.
So, I see this as an illness of most of the People at this point in time and space, which has lasted a while and will continue for a while longer. It's called greed/the worship of the golden calf/setting up moneylending tables in the temples and a whole load of other things like capitalism, greedy rich muthafukkas, corporate cunts and parasitic pricks. [depending on your point of view!]
It's the work of those who think 'I've gotten hold of something that people want. I don't want to share it for free nor trade it in kind, so I'll just sell it for the maximum monetary value people place on it - ie. as much as I can get.'
To me that is the reason and the problem.
You asked this at a very good time as I was about to put up a thread called 'Flogging another Dead Horse.' I've still got to find the time and energy to put my feelings into words about that post, but it will point out the greed surrounding music, especially in reference to deceased artists and the vultures who were watching for that time to soil their souls by turning their vile thoughts and words into vile acts.

Sheep, Wolves & Shepherds:
The sheep will all follow other sheep and gleefully throw their hard earned cash at the scum sellers of a dead person's work. The wolves will howl at the moon and, having seen the signs, try to stop the sheep from jumping over the same fence endlessly - until we fall asleep and can watch them no more. They have their own agenda that each person will need to work out from their own points of view [if they want]. The shepherds are those that watch out for both the sheep and the wolves, as it's their lot in this life to watch over everybody and as defenders or guardians, they must remain vigilant until they need to act, as no matter what they say, nor to whom nor the number of times they warn People, generally speaking, they cannot be understood.
C'est la Vie!