Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Robin Millar - Cat's Eyes unreleased 1974 LP

Thanks Gian. Great post.

Sounds very good to my ears also! Thanks for the links, bro. Nice info on apcor.net and to hear it pre-release on soundcloud is great.
His limited edition album [to be released on CD and vinyl] has everything that would have made it a truly great release at the time [1974] - excellent songs/songwriter, producer, musicians, artwork, etc.
Bit of a problem that it wasn't released - no publicity and no sales, so a non-starter - so he and we are very fortunate the mastertapes turned up [after 45 years!] and in great condition too, we are told. The guy who made his album all those years ago is obviously so glad he can at last give life to his creation. Good for him, as despite his successful life producing so many other's albums, this was his original offering to us. His wonderfully inspired and all so sincere record, with all those talented musician friends playing along and wishing his first creative dream to be born. It took a long time coming, but now it's here and in a few weeks we can hold something of great beauty in our hands and appreciate the visual and tactile beauty of Robin's album as well as it's sound!

40 euros is a lot to me, so no vinyl, but the CD gets a thumbs up from me at 15 euros a disc plus 4.50 euros P&P. Were I needing or looking to make some money I'd look at this and many other releases as an investment, but I'm not.

{The value of your investments can go up or down}

:smile:

Re: Robin Millar - Cat's Eyes unreleased 1974 LP

Hey! My CD of Robin Millar's Cat's Eyes arrived yesterday - a couple of months earlier than expected.
Big thanks to the people at applerecords.nl and to the man himself for such a delightful LP. If you didn't already get yours, they've released a ltd edition vinyl LP and the CD NOW!
For any collector of either Apple related stuff or lost and found gems, I wholeheartedly recommend this one. Listen to it before buying to know if it's it's one for you or not:

https://soundcloud.com/robinmillar/sets/cats-eyes