General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
reissues please

i was just wondering if any of the cd companies could reissue
tj assembly travellin round and
jygsaw record their own.
i think its time these extremely rare records were given a cd reissue. would be great. here's hoping

Re: reissues please

I personally would love a compilation of the 60s early 70s recordings of UK act jigsaw, particularly the full "aurora borealis"album, that really is a wee under rated gem and in my humble opinion far better than the at times humorous" letherslade farm",which is bonzoesque at times which after listening to it after half a dozen times aint that humorous anymore but a nuisance, just like the bonzos in my opinion!! Also the talking on the ends "introspection" album which apart from that is excellent!! Just thinking aloud of course.

this jygsaw is not the same jigsaw that you think. it is spelt differently with a y and they only released one ultra rare album. rarely ever seen. must cost a bomb to buy the original if it ever turns up but it hardkly ever does

The Jygsaw
Profile:
Resident Group at The Belle-Vue Hotel, Port Erin, Isle Of Man

Released one album in 1971 called Record Their Own. A cpouple of tracks have turned up on Syde Trips series.

As for Jigsaw, I agree Stuart. A comp of there's would be worthwhile. Their track, Seven Fishes is an underrated psych gem.

Hi Frank and Greg,Yeh Frank I knew it was a different band,the Jigsaw i'm on about are from Birmingham and released records on the MGM ,Music Factory and Phillips labels amongst others,they hit it big in 1975 after nearly being 10 years on the go.As for Jygsaw,yes i'm sure ive got something from them on a comp or 2.Yes Greg a collection of early Jigsaw recordings would make for a real entertaining listen,unfortunately their early stuff has been poorly served on cd but their mid 70s stuff has been issued on Japanese cds at very high prices,but from what I've heard of this later stuff far less entertaining!!Jigsaws second single Mr Job was earlier recorded by the transitional Alan Bown Set,and is a jaunty popsike like sounding record.Of course it never did much for either!!!But the likes of 7 Fishes and Tumblin are fab pieces of uk psych to my ears!!