UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scott Walker R.I.P.

Scott Walker, one of the most enigmatic and influential figures in rock history, has died at the age of 76.

The US star, whose songs included The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore and Joanna, influenced everyone from David Bowie to Jarvis Cocker.

He found fame as a teen idol in The Walker Brothers, but his dark baritone hinted at something deeper.

That was borne out in his experimental, psychedelic solo albums, which explored the complexities of love and death.

Re: Scott Walker R.I.P.

I dont seem to remember any of Scotts solo psychedelic albums?

Scott Walker was highly underestimated as a singer/songwriter from the point when he started to create his psychedelic stuff.
A great one, Phil is Scott 3 from 1969. Incredible album cover too, methinks!
At the time of release everyone I knew [me included] found it very hard to listen to his newly acid-inspired sound. It took me years of returning to those albums to learn to appreciate what he was doing.
Big respect to this very exceptional singer and his creations.

Farewell for now!
Thank you for it all, brother Scott.
In the space you now exist in, I hope you can see the mixes of sadness and joy you left behind. You lifted hearts and minds and will continue to inspire those who are still Earthbound. Our love for you is always just a part of what you left us. Thank you so very much.

From the album "Scott 3":
Butterfly:

There's a butterfly circling the beach
Searching the rocks where you are
He chooses your hair, and that's where he belongs
For he's lost like a star
Head down, reluctant and warm
You give your thoughts to the sea
Dark rivers your eyes belong to no-one
Like a star
Like a butterfly