UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jeff Lynne & The Idle Race - The Lost Radio Sessions CD

Hahaha, I like the definite maybe bit,that pulls my chain..... LoL!! Yeh idle race absolute essential UK pop with a psych bent to some of it. I'd love to see a legit box set of this group,that would be awesome!! But since it's a definite maybe, I won't hold my breathe just like I didn't hold it for the iveys set that was mooted about around 15 years ago. If I did I'd be dead now!!! I'm like Steve, I've saw this cd on Amazon but I'm always wary that it may sound like shit and even though it's only £10,that's a fair bit of money for me at the moment, so spending a tenner on something crap aint worth it for me at the moment, so hopefully someone can update us on here who does buy this if it sounds good or not. I'd thank you for that!! I bought the double cd back to the story when it first came out many years agoin 1996,has that set been upgraded in sound since it's original release? The one I have has the nightriders tracks, but I read the issues since that have omitted those tracks? Can anyone give me an update on that double cd!it really is essential but if the sound quality has been upgraded I'd very much like to know!! Thank you all very much!! Finally the third idle race album without Jeff Lynne time is, is in my opinion an under rated wee gem of an album and yes a totally different beast from the previous 2.but still none the less way above average in my opinion and sadly seems to be a tiny wee footnote in UK pop history. Please listen to it more, the more you hear it the more you really start to appreciate it!! There that's my tuppence worth!!

Well guys, those of you that pre-ordered this CD will have had it a while now. I'm curious to hear how the sound quality is.

Anyone?
I'm still waiting for mine here in Canada... supposed to be here by the 23rd, but stuff usually arrives much quicker than the forecast two and a half weeks amazon.uk gave me this time. Hopefully I'll have it for the long weekend coming up!

...and wishes sometimes do come true.
I'm just finishing my first listen and overall I'm quite pleased with it. The sound quality isn't bad at all when one considers theses songs were recorded for BBC Radio from '67 to '69. The only exceptions being two of the covers 'Frantic Desolation' and 'Debora' - '(Here We Go Round) The Lemon Tree' sounds just fine.

The packaging isn't anything to write home about, plastic jewel case with a two panel insert (the text is what we've already read in the description on amazon).

Amusing side note: "No part of the package or artwork may be reproduced without the written consent of Leftfield Media"
In other words, don't bootleg my bootleg!