Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Small Faces-Smalls

Has anyone come across a Small Faces box set cleed Small Faces-Smalls

https://www.discogs.com/The-Small-Faces-Smalls/release/11538032

it came out in 2018 any infio would be great

Re: Small Faces-Smalls

Hello Phil,I can't say I've heard of this box set at all!! I wonder if it covers the whole career from decca and immediate? There was a box set issued a couple of year ago here come the nice...... Or something like that that was extremely expensive and I see it's still over a £100 on Amazon, bugger that!! And it's only stuff from the immediate era. I hate the way fans are getting asked to pay out so :relieved: much, and the price of box sets can vary so much for example the ELO albums in a box which contains 11 cds can cost £25 on Amazon while pretty things is well over a £100.thats just an example. It's like all those 50th anniversary reissues with a mix of cds and vinyl, like crazy world of Arthur brown,village green preservation society,I aint got a record player so the vinyl aint no good to me,the most recent is aerosol grey machine by VDGG again with cd and vinyl and at £50 and over not exactly cheap. If it was cd only I'd seriously consider it for the extra tracks and BBC sessions. But £50......nae chance!! It seems to be a recent thing mixing cd and vinyl in the same release. A very annoying marketing idea to bump up the price, or am I being too cynical???

I agree Stuart some of these box sets go for silly money and as I'm on a pension I rarely buy any as I have all the ones I need although I nearly bought The Small faces Singles box set last night and realised I had all the tracks in my Small Faces box set..
The last cd I bought was The new Idle Race

Fuggin' 'ell you two old pensioners! Mon dieu! Maybe I've the advantage of understanding a tiny bit of french and in having some intuitive/deductive abilities, but how the heck couldn't you see this isn't a box set at all but in fact is a BOOK with 2 CDs!

Knowing some french or not, just looking at the pics on discogs and reading the English words tells ya lots about this. So, disc 1 is both sets from a small faces 1966 show, disc 2 is various interviews. So as neither of you could read a book in french and it's not cheap anyway, I think you both made a good decision to not buy this one.
Comprendre, mes amis?
Now ear ye, ear ye, I just happen to have the full performance of the small faces - live at the twenty club, mouscron, belgium, 9th january 1966 in 320kbps files, so for educational and/or critical use I can share it under normal fair use policy with you guys.

PS. Yes Phil. That blog you recommended is bloody hilarious!

Thanks for the info Steve ..have you got the second cd on yer site ? Someone sent the first to me so thanks for the offer