UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Late 60's/ 70's UK lps that came with (gimmix) inserts

Wallace is not talking librettos (lyric sheets).

Wallace be on about: POSTERS, cards,cut-outs, games......

Seems this was more a North Americain deal, than UK.

Here's a few I can think of:

HAWKWIND - DOREMI ...wotsit...LATIDO (poster)
-IN SEARCH OF SPACE (my orig. Canadian press came with two inserts - one being a wicked comic book. Wallace is assuming the Brit orig. press came with the same???)

THE WHO - LIVE AT LEEDS (entire press-kit sorta deal)

BLACK SABBATH - VOLUME 4 (booklet)
(Americain press of "Master of reality" came with poster -very difficult to score. Also hard to find is the Americain press of Van Der Graaf Generator "Least we can do is Wave to each Other" which had a small poster)

DONOVAN - COSMIC WHEELS (in my opinion, his worse lp. But it came in a very nice foc with the round poster)

of course:
Beatles -white lp, Sgt. Pepper

Re: Late 60's/ 70's UK lps that came with (gimmix) inserts

Dark Side of The Moon originally came with posters and stickers or postcards?

Beggars Opera-Pathfinder had a sleeve that folded out into a huge poster.

thick as a brick - real newspaper cover
layla 45th anniv - box set with the popout layla cover
black sabbath ultimate collection where the whole cover folds out into a giant cross

manfred mann earth band messin - withe the gasmask man on the cover with the diecut mouth that is actually the planet earth.

thin lizzy diecut tv cover on jailbreak

ELO on the third day diecut of jeff lynn looking at the earth.

Monkees with a mirror on the front

Raspberries scratch n sniff

Medicine Head had a die cut album as well
Led Zeppelin's In Through The Out Door where if you wiped it with water it changed colors.

Small Faces-Ogden's round tobacco shaped replica tin.

Uriah Heep-Look At Yourself mirror cover.

You are all not reading the orig. post.

Inserts, sons.

Not jackets.

Should have gone to specsavers

Doh!

Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band released their debut album Safe As Milk on Buddah records in 1967 after nearly destroying session man Ry Cooder's mind. [The album doesn't include the song Safe As Milk.]

On some early releases and the Sundazed label's rerelease you'll find the delightful inner liners/booklet/sticker featuring these photo-montages.

You will have seen the words of wisdom 'CAUTION: ELECTRICITY MAY BE HAZARDOUS TO HEALTH' and 'MAY THE BABY JESUS SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND OPEN YOUR MIND'.

Here's [a pic of] the sticker:

I know some people have cloth ears so they think it clever and 'funny' to slag off those who can differentiate good and bad audio, but I hope most people can at least listen to other's opinions on audio quality and not just think somebody's cloth ears make them somehow smart, 'cos they don't.

I read many people saying similar things like 'Do NOT waste your money on any of the mono Sundazed Beefheart releases, they're not from the mono master tape at all, but actually from a frankenstein'd edit of a poor mono vinyl transfer and a fold-down of the stereo mix (to cover up surface noise)

Deceitful marketing bullshit.'
~ Laservampire

http://profstoned.blogspot.com/2017/06/captain-beefheart-safe-as-milk-1967.html