UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cheap fading yellow cd finds on Amazon UK

Sorry I'm not advertising this series of comps, but I know a few folk on here like those comps, I don't have many as I found them expensive, but I picked up volume 11 and volume 13 for £7 & £9 respectively on Amazon UK not by a third party seller but actually straight from amazon, received them today volume 11 has 27 tracks and 13 has 20 tracks, exquisite pop music and on both those cds mainly us acts but Canadians in there too.it raised a question though the most recent cds I think have like 14 tracks only on them, jorgen I know you used to hang out here,why the big change on the amount of tracks on the cd versions? I understand with limitations on vinyl with time, which to me is why after so many years I'm an avid cd collector as the value for money is much better as time constraints on cd are usually 80 minutes, so I never understand the disdane put on cds by vinyl only buffs, but there's a massive difference between 27 tracks in 2010 and say 14-16 tracks on the most recent cd comps, past and present too stick to 20 tracks on their mixed up minds,picadilly sunshine etc comps when so much more could be put on them. Just wondered what others thought about this? By the way the 2 fading yellow comps are excellent, I never went for the popsike or pop/psych labels on them but just some superb pop music from the 60s and 70s,so thanks jorgen for putting them together. Always very pricey I thought though so when I saw those 2 at those good prices, had to jump on them!!!