UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
psychedelic therapy help?

Hi,
As a long term sufferer of depression and anxiety and having tried ALL the conventional treatments, I find at 60 that I would like to try the psychedelic approach. Trouble is, I've no idea where to start so I'd be grateful for any links or contacts.

Thanks, Mark

Re: psychedelic therapy help?

How about some of this - might help - might have to travel to S.America tho'.....!!

https://www.britannica.com/science/ayahuasca

Maybe also learning not to worry or paying too much attention to current affairs - most of it is propaganda anyway. Maybe some physiotherapy or acupuncture might also help..!!! Do the research first tho..!!!

Hi Mark,
The gentlest intro to psychedelic therapy for you may be cannabis use. Previously there has been only anecdotal evidence, but since legalisation in many parts of the world has occured, science-based objective evidence is being collected - much of it from USA.

https://www.healtheuropa.eu/patients-are-turning-from-big-pharma-to-cbd-for-mental-health-disorders/95335/

https://www.purelifeuk.co.uk/product/raw-extract-cbd-oil-in-virgin-hemp-oil-buy-2-get-1-free/ [Tip: get PIPETTE top!]
OR
https://www.purelifeuk.co.uk/product/sativa-l-cbd-raw-extract-paste/

https://www.icci.science/en/

https://www.icci.science/en/article/news/experts-from-the-czech-republic-to-assist-thailand-with-medical-cannabis-research/

As hp suggested, not paying too much attention to current affairs and some complimentary holistic practices may be useful, such as acupuncture/acupressure, Alexander Technique, Chiropractice and meditation - best sourced in your local area by personal recommendation, if possible.

I found regular Yoga a great help so locate a small local Yoga group well worth it in my book

Hi mark, I too have suffered from depression and anxiety for 30 years now,and to this day when I'm not well it totally debilitates me for months,it's like I go into hibernation,anyway I've never touched psychedelic drugs ever as
I know my mental state is fragile a lot of the time and the fear of a bad trip deters me from investigating this further. When I lost my mum 2 years ago I began smoking grass to help me cope, at first it worked for me but I started to puff on my pipe,I don't touch tobacco,and I was doing it in excess and noticed it was effecting my mental health and bringing on my anxiety,so because I was over doing it over a fair amount of time the positive effect it had on me was disappearing and being taken over by irrational thoughts and indecision and total laziness,so I had my last puff near on a year ago, I do miss it at times and loved listening to music while stoned,so really miss that side of it as music was more intense to my ears while stoned,but good luck with the psychedelic therapy, you're a braver man than I am,I hope it can help you in some way,like anything else don't do it in excess.

Ecstasy/MDMA is by far the best therapeutic psychedelic in my experience. As with LSD proper medical research has been impossible for many years, but the doors are slowly opening up and very good results are being noted for people with alcoholism, PTSD and other mental health issues.

I would heartily recommend occasional use of MDMA, it has many of the therpaeutic benefits of a positive LSD trip, but no risk of paranoia or anxiety providing what you are taking is the real deal. It allows you to explore internal issues/problems in a very self-forgiving safe way without losing your ego or losing control as well as empathising with others. Music also sounds fantastic, other sensations are hightened and the positive effects of what you have learned about yourself can last for many months or even years. It is a great way to look at yourself fresh and break self-destructive ruts, habits or mindsets that result from trauma/issues you just haven't been able to process or come to terms with and may have been bogging you down your whole adult life.

A lot of people seem to be helped by microdosing LSD. Do a google search for "microdosing LSD" and you'll get loads of interesting articles about microdosing and depression.

Thanks to all for your replies.
I'd like to try micro dosing with magic mushrooms but don't know how to find genuine product. Any ideas?

Psychedelic therapy is a form of therapy that uses psychedelic drugs to treat mental disorders and disorders of the mind. The therapy is based on the belief that psychedelic drugs can help people to access hidden parts of their mind, and to heal from mental disorders.

Psychedelic therapy is still in its early stages, and more research is needed to determine its efficacy. However, there is some evidence to suggest that psychedelic therapy can be helpful for treating mental disorders.

A number of small studies have found that psychedelic drugs can be helpful for treating depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). For example, a 2017 study found that a single dose of the psychedelic drug psilocybin (the main ingredient in “magic mushrooms”) was effective in treating depression.

Another small study found that the psychedelic drug ayahuasca (a plant-based brew that contains the psychedelic drug DMT) was effective in treating PTSD.

A 2017 review of the research on psychedelic therapy found that psychedelic drugs show promise for treating a number of mental disorders. The review found that psychedelic drugs can help to reduce anxiety, depression, and PTSD.

Psychedelic therapy is still in its early stages, and more research is needed to determine its efficacy. However, the available evidence suggests that psychedelic therapy may be an effective treatment for some mental disorders.

Yes it's sad that because of politicians ignorance and catastrophising with their "war on drugs"agenda,and decategorising certain drugs led to a total ban on controlled research into psychedelics help with mental disorders like long term depression,anxiety,PTSD,and other issues with the brain,which is like a control centre of the body,but also psychedelics can reach other parts we may not be even conscious of in normal brain function or physical function,the inner being as such.
So i think the politicians have committed a bigger crime by banning this research for so long,as mental health issues are rocketing to unseen numbers,and their ignorance has held up vital exploration into the plus sides in a medicinal and therapeutic way psychedelics like psilocybin from a naturally grown mushroom,can help,and assist in dealing with this explodsion of long term mental issues,for me it's 35 years now i've suffered, i've had so many different prescribed medications in that 35 years,who knows what damage THEY have caused,as my memory is not as good for sure,and i'm now 54,here i am STILL having horrendous dark debilitating episodes,awful anxiety and paranoia,and STILL on multiple medications,and i feel in 35 yeaers,i've made little progress in reality,though i have done a lot to help myself........but alas its still here.So i spit on the idiots who stopped the research,but luckily its starting to gather pace once more,but even now its still very very hard to get the permissions one needs to do research programmes on humans with psychedelics,as the legal categories have NOT been downgraded for medicinal psychedelics.......which is utter moronic!!!

Hello mark can you send me an email I can be of help to your depression problems

Hi.
Your curiosity has indeed led you somewhere I would say go venture!
What have you had in mind?
Mdma is perfect for what you suffer with and if you have a mentor who can talk with you whilst you are opening then this is the best combination.
A grounded human plus a trusted substance, yes, thus can changeable things for you

Hi, thanks for the advice about mdma. How would I access this and know if it’s pure?
Mark

It's always about who you know. Perhaps be a little more vocal within trusted communities around you and or perhaps trusted leads within forums such as this one.
It's always who you know so I recommend just start being conscious and set in motion connections.

https://xhamster.com/videos/two-mouths-one-cock-hot-tub-blowjob-10002273