UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The 'F' word

just a bit o fun Which was the first album cover to have the 'F' word on? I have googled it but no real success..only songs with the 'F ' word in not the actual album cover

Re: The 'F' word

Too hard Phil, so I hope you've got some answers for us.

No Whoppo thats why I'm asking here

Lucifer had a 45 called 'Fuck You' in 1972

Al Stewart said fxxxing in I think it was bedsitter images in the late sixties.

My goodness, Phil, it seems people don't understand "Cover, not lyrics" so maybe I can help. See my link below for the jams (klf) 1987 (what the fuck is going on?!)

COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS
COVER NOT LYRICS

In the lyrics to "Angels and Devils the Following Day" on the inside of the cover of Dory Previn's "Mythical Kings and Iguanas" released in 1971.

Sorry. Perhaps if the word sleeve not cover was mentioned I may have noticed it.

Thanks Steve I googled it but Dr Google was as confused as I was

"What the Fuck is Going On?"
It's an album by the Kopyright Liberation Front, aka The Jam.
In 1987, Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty released hip hop-inspired and sample-heavy records as the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu.

"I think some people are missing the point about this album. It's meant to be a piss take on the type of music what out back then. That's what this band were about, doin stuff their way, not scared of upsetting people, just not giving a shit. Plus bangin out some massive dance tunes what still get played today"
~Lee Gaffney, youtube.

Perhaps best described as 'performance artists' rather than a band, these were the guys who burned £1 million in 1994

https://www.scotsman.com/arts-and-culture/music/why-did-the-klf-burn-1-million-in-cash-on-scots-island-of-jura-1-4275820

https://vimeo.com/21103501

"It's always the same argument against burning the money. They could have saved this, they could have fed that etc. etc.
No one bats an eyelid when people waste money as long as they wasted it on a product or a service.
I think what irks people about this is that they just can't comprehend the idea of not getting something in return for money.
The K Foundation basically took the perceived value away from the money. Money is only worth what people are willing to trade for it. In the fire it's worth nothing."
~Arachno Recordings, youtube.

Anyway, Phil, Len[Rubbleman]'s post gives an earlier example!