UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wot are your fav NON-LP tracks from....

....Circus Days six volumes?

Re: Wot are your fav NON-LP tracks from....

Scots Of St James-Eiderdown Clown

Factory-Red Chalk Hill

oops, read that as Vol 6

Orlroight!

Any more??

Here's a few more, although a couple might have appeared on albums. No particular reason either.

Volume Two
–The Fruit Machine Follow Me
–Smoke (39) Dreams Of Dreams
–Nimrod (5) The Bird
-The Fruit Machine I'm Alone Today
–The Fingers Circus With A Female Clown
-Blonde On Blonde (2) Castles In The Sky

Volume Three
–Hat And Tie Finding It Rough
–Shy Limbs Reputation
–Thane Russal Drop Everything And Run
–The Mirage Tomorrow Never Knows
–Shy Limbs Love
–Druid Chase Take Me In Your Garden
–The Mirage And Life Goes On
–The Fenmen Rejected

Volume Four
–Cats Pyjamas Virginia Water
–Jerusalem (4) Kamakazi Moth
–Kate (14) Shout It
–Andromeda (10) Go Your Way

Volume Five
–Jason Crest Juliano The Bull

On Vol 3 is Shy Limbs the track that goes into The Prisoner theme????

Not that I know of but i haven't watched it in years. Shy Limbs only released two singles in 1969. Reputation is their best imo. Great swirling hammond organ sound.
Greg Lake was a member early on before going to King Crimson.

Could be Paper Blitz Tissue you're thinking of-Boy Meets Girl? It was produced by Ron Grainer who was involved with music production/soundtracks for The Prisoner amongst others. This band had Dave Dufort pre East Of Eden and Miller Anderson who was a member of many UK 60s/70s bands.

Two questions:

1/ somewhere on that Circus Days is an organ-dominated instrumental track called "Organ mass in D Minor" (or summart loikes). This is off a soundtrack titled, I believe, "The Foundation". But I cannot find any info anywhere.

2/ this all-black group "Purple Haze" self-titled lp. Cover has this many-armed black Shiva-loike figure. First track is "Ghetto" or something loikes and is killer. Can't find it anywhere. Fuggit.

This is on Vol 3.....The Ron Grainer Orchestra-The Prisoner.

Yes, one would expect so.
But the Strange Things Are Happening comp does not show it:

https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-Gpa3BaecMSA%2FWhXGPFUzemI%2FAAAAAAABHh0%2FqojeNwXm1AU2ZPYrxLhgbgF3hEW6NTF5ACEwYBhgL%2Fs1600%2FTracks.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fbeatsixties.blogspot.com%2F2017%2F11%2Fcircus-days-vol-3.html&docid=-zKNE0G-ZAZSmM&tbnid=ZGwZcb57OET6IM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjlv9-T_bLnAhVKHc0KHRMsDnkQMwhJKAQwBA..i&w=804&h=680&client=opera&bih=911&biw=1680&q=circus%20days%20vol.%203&ved=0ahUKEwjlv9-T_bLnAhVKHc0KHRMsDnkQMwhJKAQwBA&iact=mrc&uact=8

I'm guessing is that it's a comp from six albums so couldn't have every track. This is Circus Days Vol 3 track listing.

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Circus-Days-Vol-3-UK-Psychedelic-Obscurities-1966-1970/master/414800

Whilst the Discogs tracklisting lists Side 1 Track 9 as The Prisoner on both the actual LP and CD version it is listed as a Mystery Track with no reference to either the title or the artist

Tamara Koran with Perception
Rhubarb Rhubarb
Waterloo (Why May I Not Know appeared on a Portugese EP) though I suppose is not non-LP.
Nimrod
Brincos
P Cook & D Moore
Dry Ice
Earth
Summer Set

Strange that a Belgian band in Waterloo would have a Portuguese only ep release. Their sole album, First Battle is worth checking out.

Or - on an extreme aside - one member of the duo, Jess & James being Belgian but the 3 lps released on Spanish Belter label (cos the other member was Portuguese*.)

*now there is a fucking spelling bee word for you, if ever there was one. Try spelling that correctly first time on.

Wallace, that all black group you mentioned is called Purple Image. I’m not sure if you do reissues but I just recently picked up a vinyl reissue of that LP and it’s great. The reissues are still available. Yeah, that track Living in The Ghetto rips.