UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: VA-Slightly Psychedelic Folk Rock Compilation[A Butterboy Compilation]

I will re-up with different links as zippy files is problematic these days..keep a eye open over the next few days

Thanks, I've been really digging anything remotely acid folkish or dylanesque lately.

Here are the links Sir

VA - Slightly Psychedelic Folk Rock CD1 (A Butterboy Compilation)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yybb2k19lrzzpr4/VA+-+Slightly+Psychedelic+Folk+Rock+CD1+(A+Butterboy+Compilation).zip/file

VA - Slightly Psychedelic Folk Rock CD2 (A Butterboy Compilation)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b3az866o8ryzgaj/VA+-+Slightly+Psychedelic+Folk+Rock+CD2+(A+Butterboy+Compilation).zip/file

VA - Slightly Psychedelic Folk Rock CD3 (A Butterboy Compilation)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jw4h4x0auxdi8kn/VA+-+Slightly+Psychedelic+Folk+Rock+CD3+(A+Butterboy+Compilation).zip/file

But you should never mix British and American music. NEVER. NEVER.

Thank you Sir.
You are too kind!

Crystal Tipps
Sep 9, 2020 - 11:48AM
Quote ReplyRe: VA-Slightly Psychedelic Folk Rock Compilation[A Butterboy Compilation]
But you should never mix British and American music. NEVER. NEVER.

Why? I have many a comp which has mixed American and British music..is it a personal thing? just curious

It is personal. I never do it I suppose because I see us as more akin to Europe -though I wouldn't mix our stuff too much with theres unless they're aping us. (e.g, Juan & Junior in english, a lot of the dutch and scandi stuff) It comes from different traditions - from history and the way cultures develop. Look at the difference between UK Psychedelia and the US styles. Different worlds - different genesis. And all the better for it. The folk is totally different too to my mind -it comes from somewhere else. An interestimg connumdrum is the not UK not US hydrid...Van Morrison "Astral Weeks" is the classic example - I don't know where to place it - but theres all sorts. Check out American Jan & Lorraine's 1969 lp recorded in the UK with Pentangle members -is that US or UK? Or Donovan's LA stuff in 65 with Bob Ray on bass. That's probably a prime example of true US-UK synthesis. Sunforest, Chad & Jeremy, the Grahame Bond Lps, Tucker Zimmerman. Robbie Curtice shouldn't have appeared on a US themed Fading Yellow. Hruumph.

Interesting views thanks for that The Van Morrison Astrals Weeks has come up in my reading twice this week so maybe a revisit is needed