UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Aphrodites Child-666

Aphrodites Child. 666.. Question for Stuart 666 has a somewhat legendary history.. apparently the recording sessions for the album went long and produced a lot of material that had to be edited - even for a double album release. Has anyone ever released, and does anyone have, the outtakes and extended jams from those recording sessions?
Pm seems top remember you posting on this Stuart?

Re: Aphrodites Child-666

Hello Phil my old chap,unfortunately i don't have the out takes or the jams recorded during the recording of 666,i do have the double cd,but no extras on it!!I would love to hear them,but i've never saw them being available,unless theres a few bootlegs going about?Sorry i can't help you Phil,but i do recommend Demis Roussos album "the greek side of my mind",i think this album is up there with the calibre of Aphrodites Child,as for the solo albums after that,i've no clue what they're like!!Of course i've heard the hits,but not an album,you any idea what his albums are like after "The Greek Side of My Mind"?Cheers Phil!!

Thanks for the heads up Stuart if I find a boot I wll let you know

Hi Stuart I see AC had no more albums as a group after 666 but had two albums before so I may have a listen to them and get back to you[Info from discogs] I also noticed when looking at 'The Greek Side Of My Mind some albums had 12 tracks some had 13

I've got AC first two albums a bit so-so but if anyone wants links leave a note and I will put them up

Here is a great track by AC called Mister Thomas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVmJLndCrN4&ab_channel=Aphrodite%27sChild

The more I listen to Aphrodite's Child first album the more I enjoy it

I'm a huge fan of Aphrodite's Child, specifically 666 and I've also been trying to find out if there have been any unreleased tracks from the 666 period. Vangelis has an album called The Dragon that was unofficially released in 1978 but it was recorded in 1971. I don't think it was ever officially released. This album definitely has 666 vibes to it although it is an instrumental album. It is made up of 3 long tracks and is more in line with the track All The Seats Were Occupied from 666. The track Stuffed Tomatoe is the closest the album comes to sounding like Aphrodite's Child. Anargyros Koulouris from AC plays electric and acoustic guitar on this album as well. Vangelis' album from 1973 called Earth is also worth checking out.

Both the first tow AC have bonus tracks and on repeated listening the first album by them is a grower.

Phil,i really enjoy those first 2 Aphrodites Child albums,i have the esoteric cd reissues with extra tracks,definitely a pop vibe in some of the songs,ive also got a double cd compilation released BR music which is well worth having as it features all the non album sides.As for 666,i find it quite spooky in parts,but the vibe it permeates is wonderful,and real trippy in parts too,as for The Dragon by Vangelis,i dont have,but i do have the music he did for an early 70s movie,Sex Power,which in truth i was not that enamoured with,but ive heard that The Dragon is a mixed listen.As for Earth from 73,i agree,its a good album,still too hear the third member of Aphrodites Child Lucas Sideras solo album,anyone have any feedback on that album??As for the debut Demis Roussos solo album On the greek side of my mind,RPM released the cd a few years ago and is nothing like his following stuff ive read,this cd was a complete surpsise sound wise as it still has hints of the Aphrodites Child sound to it!!The cd i have phil has 12 tracks on it,this album was also rereleased under the title fire and ice.

Thanks for the info Stuart I see that AC drummer has two albums so will give them a listen and let you know

Here are links to his two albums for those interested

lucas sideras (1973) - one day[prog]

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8te0x2iuweiohqz/lucas_sideras_%25281973%2529_-_one_day%255Bprog%255D.zip/file

lucas sideras -1975 - Pax Spray

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1ziyan03s5hkvzg/lucas_sideras_-1975_-_Pax_Spray.zip/file