UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bread 1st LP

I remember my parents having The Best Of Bread or something when I was around 10 and even then I thought it was a little cheesy, if pleasant enough. My brothers were playing Cream, Nice and Pink Floyd, which seemed more interesting to me. Anyway, I'd never ever thought to buy a Bread record until I realised the Royer/Griffin songwriting partnership were behind the wonderful Light Of Your Mind by David. Griffin also released a nice version on 45 originally, well worth hearing.

Anyway, I found a mint original 1969 copy with insert of Bread's first LP and thought I'd take the £2.50 risk. I was very pleasantly surprised! It is a great Beatles-influences soft rock with late 60s/ slight psych pop vibes, great tunes and arrangements - a really nice LP.

Re: Bread 1st LP

totally agree,that debut Bread album is a sparkling jewel,well written,well arranged and bloody good and catchy numbers,it trully is a lovely album and not cheesy to my ears,in fact to be honest i do like the occasional cheesy vibe in music and records.Id go as far as to say its one of the best debut albums ive heard,got to remember the members of Bread had been around a fair bit,involved in all sorts of recordings,im sure that one of them was involved in the US psych album the travel agency.That experience came together on that debut album,which still has that 60s vibe to it which i adore.Good shout perkin.

I'll take a listen too, thanks!

Top lp.

Nuffink loike the dross that followed.

Nice to see you back Wallace

Wots the bover?

Wallesch bgone frum internets fer 3 months, now aller music forums be dead!
Yew wuld fink wot wif coviddies tha' everybuddy wuld be gaggin' fer pooter talk.

N.P. Pocket-size "Wotsit... Condition" '70 Danish proto were der Jimminy Wickett's yarbles.

Yes a huge amount of blogs have gone I use one but it would be of no use to you unless you like olde blues and doowop
I've also not heard anything from Steve for over 3 months not even by email so I guess we have lost him