UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
25 Views of Worthing LP - Unreleased 1972/73 Canterbury Prog

Hi All - I recently released this LP myself that I thought might be appreciated here - more details below:

Twenty-Five Views of Worthing LP

Inspired by the Canterbury sound, Watford band Twenty-Five Views of Worthing were inches away from a record deal with Island in the early ‘70s. Thankfully, through their friendship with Island studio engineer Phill Brown (Talk Talk), their recordings from 1972 and 1973 were preserved in crystal clear audio fidelity.

The band were active in various guises throughout the ‘70s and also cut a rare independent EP in 1977. This new LP compiles all the band's recordings from 1972 through to 1977, the majority of which have never previously been released in any format.

Mixing the Canterbury sound with a dash of art-rock, this LP is recommended for fans of Soft Machine, Caravan, Egg and Hatfield & The North.

Order here: www.windwakerrecords.com

Some clips here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-aebbhgsgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q-pvaKbS1k

Re: 25 Views of Worthing LP - Unreleased 1972/73 Canterbury Prog

Well done, very interesting!

https://www.psychedelicbabymag.com/2020/12/twenty-five-views-of-worthing-interview.html

Gian
Well done, very interesting!

https://www.psychedelicbabymag.com/2020/12/twenty-five-views-of-worthing-interview.html
Many thanks! It's been quite a labour of love and taken a couple of years to get together. The sound quality is great and it comes with a 20 page colour booklet telling the full story of the band.

All the best. I hope it does well for you.:+1:

Windambulation:

is it okay to post this at PEars forum?

Wallace
Windambulation:

is it okay to post this at PEars forum?
Yes of course! I am a bit behind on which forums people still use (so much seems to be on FB now) - is that Progressive Ears?

Yes.
Its the best forum for prog discussion.

I just posted your piece. Currently 600 browsers there.

The only other forum as large is Progarchives, but ProgEars is more geared towards RIO and Canterbury. (You will get more traction there.)

Wot are 'prog ears' are they from the vaccine and are the browsers you mention eye browsers or have I got my tackle mixed up..this out of date mulled wine I'm drinking tastes weird there are a lot of mushrooms floating in the Shed of Sin. I found the Mulled Wine in a skip outside the closed down restaurant..mind you it was uncorked smelt ok tho

Prog ears, like pig ears and trotters, are good source of gelatine. All you have to do is boil in water for hours. Gelatine is good for your aching oldman joints, Phil.

The vaccine will modify your DNA. The un-zipping messanger ribonucleaic acid acts to promote Pwog. The best is yet to come! Pwog already transcends religious persuasions. Think of what it is capable by - say - September!

Phil: prepare to be arguing the merits of Tales From Topographic Oceans on countless new burgeoning prog discussion fora.

Wallace it all sound painful I have a serious question for you what should a Shed Meister have in his shed to celebrate Prog I thought something arty as it seems that mostly art students pushed out most of the prog sssss my keyboard got stuck not sure why.
Happy New Prog Year Sir Wallace

Who would you recommend for a knighthood Sir Wallace?

Another fact occurred to me my brother who is just over a year younger than I is mad on prog..I was born in 48 he was born in 49 what a difference a year makes

You celebrate Prog with Prog records.
(I'd have thought you would have worked that out by now.)

William Blake. But he died in 1827.