UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
David Bowie

David Bowie died 5 years ago today RIP I'm listening to Space Oddity what is your favourite Bowie song?

Re: David Bowie

Life On Mars

The one I'm currently listening to at any given moment. Right now it's The Laughing Gnome. A wonderful duet :smile:

let me know if you need help counting the votes Phil

This board is struggling with any enthusiasm..Oh Well as the song goes

Bowie is a tricky one to be fair, many songs of equal merit so I'll also go with the tune I've spun the most recently "The Man Who Sold The World"

here's a vote from my sister Doctor Bev, the reason being that Starman is her fave record of all time of any artist

I have two Bevs in my life one being my wifes carer and the other being our cleaner both very nice ladies the only prob is Cleaner Bev wont approach my Shed Of Dreams

Hello my old pal Phil,unlike many folk,i love David Bowies early stuff,some great pop on the self titled debut Deram album from 1967,plus the many recordings he did from 67-70,including the stuff he did with Feathers,which lay unreleased for decades,i purchased the Conversation Piece box set that features many of those recordings,some of it is just lovely,this whole late 60s period produced some startling music and songs,a very very interesting period .

Anyway i've went of course there for a bit,a song i constantly go back to is the fabulous number"In the Heat Of The Morning",ive a few versions of this song from bare knuckle demos to fully arranged versions,but each version is good,it's pretty catchy and has a 60s groove to it,a trully fertile couple of years for David Bowie,eventually getting that hit he worked so hard to get,in Space Oddity,then the second self titled album made an impression,later calling it Space Oddity also.So "IN THE HEAT OF THE MORNING"is my favourite Bowie song at this moment!!