UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
S.F.A. REDIVIVUS

A quick HELLO EDYTHE/HELLO ENID to confirm that SFA will soon be flexing her gossamer wings and flyflyflying from a decades-long cryogenetic hibernation.

The original SWEET FLORAL ALBION ran for 37 issues + comps + LG; producing it left us dazed and confused and rather creamcrackered, but whilst we were with Rosie, in the backgarden, playing quietly and imagining, we realised that we had a wee bit more to say.

Our space plane - utilising some of the original crew and technicians (Jason, Dominic, myself...) - continues our COSMONAUTIC EXPLORATIONS into the psychotropic topographica of inner-space; she has undergone a full renovation but still contains many vintage parts:
Our ATTIUDES remain the same- SFA promises to be stimulating, informative and iconoclastic.
Our target AUDIENCE will be the same and not the same: identical at the venn-centre of the mandala but expanding and mutating at the fractal-peripheries...
The SUBJECT & CHRONOLOGY is similar (mid-60s/mid-70s), yet looser (stretching both aft and sternwards along time-streams as necessity arises).
However, this time around, the OBJECT & FOCUS are markedly DIFFERENT- far, far less on music, more on other aspects of (mostly UK) pop-cultural esoterica.

SFA is an e-zine with a slightly erratic publishing schedule (a mere 15 years since the last issue), for subscribers only. And, as always, it's like totally FREE, maaaan.
Back issues of the new series, plus expanded content & illustrations, will be uploaded to a dedicated new platform.

More soon...

Tatty-bye for now,
Paul Cross
Ed. SFA
sweet_floral_albion@outlook.com

[ NOTE: Our email. Please don't use the old one - it is INVALID, hasn't worked for years. Also, our old address book went up in flames around 2005.]

Re: S.F.A. REDIVIVUS

Excellent news Paul, very pleased to hear this.

PM:slightly_smiling_face:

WoW! I hosted for a while a backup but that platform is sadly long gone .. so Hurrah!

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes!!!

We could do with some positive news for 2021 and this is it. GOOD LUCK PAUL

This is fantastic news!!!!

This is amazing news Paul! I'm very much looking forward to this. Thank you!

Super news, can't wait! 😊👍

Absolutely marvellous news Paul,i was lucky to have the foresight to copy and print every issue of Sweet Floral Albion,and i still have them all in binders,I'd love it if you kept the features Out From The Cold,which covered little known albums,not particularly thought as top psychedelia,or even belong sitting round the same fire,but time and again you gave notice of albums worth investigating,this was one of my favourite features!!I tracked down many that were featured in this.Would love for you to keep the A-Z running,featuring little known b side,album tracks etc,particularly from less likely mainstream popsters,who dipped toes into dayglow territory,whether for one or two songs,or even a whole albums.

Yes i was saddened when SFA disappeared after Dave T passing away,but a venture called Lauras Garden appeared in its place,but sadly only the two issues were made,or was it one?It disappeared at a time when many UK psych and associated albums starting being reissued on cd,in droves,including many many compilations,its weird as its went full circle and its all about vinyl again with many folk.Great to see youre still about Paul,and have decided to launch into SFA again,i for one will look forward to that,BRAVO!!!!

Incroydenable!

Wallace always enjoyed SFA's florid, ostentatious writing style.
Should Wallace say thick? - but not in a bad way. More in an Aubrey Beardsley "Under the Hill"...way)

Orlroight!
Now we can get our groove on once again.

Absolutely wonderful news!!!!