UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NEW ALBUM byThe Pillbugs 'Marigold Something'

It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here... and it sounds amazing!

https://thepillbugs.bandcamp.com/album/marigold-something-2

Download only, for the time being. I asked Mark Mikel if a physical release was due and here's his reply:
"Hey, brother! I've waited for 4 years to be able to release physical CDs of this album, but nothing has changed. At this point, I decided to go ahead and release it digitally anyway. Amazon will print "CDs On Demand" starting March 21. That's the best I can do for now.
Hope you are well, my friend."

Get it, you won't be sorry!!

Re: NEW ALBUM byThe Pillbugs 'Marigold Something'

Here's a some more on the new album...

The official release date is March 21, 2021. Then it will be available on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, YouTube, etc. -all the downloading and streaming sites.
Amazon will offer CDs On Demand. Since it's the equivalent of a double CD set, it will be sold as Marigold Something Part 1 and Marigold Something Part 2.
Recording began in 2014 and was finalized in 2017. We were hoping for the money or a record label to release physical CDs, but that hasn't happened...so I decided to share it with you through the only methods available to me at this moment in time.
All 4 surviving Pillbugs (David Murnen, Scott Tabner, Dan Chalmers and me) plus long time producer and collaborator Scott Hunt reunited to record our first album since the loss of our friend and bassist Mark Kelley in 2008. This album is dedicated to him. Much love to Karen Kelley and family.
Many other great musicians were kind enough to take part in the recording process providing instrumentation and backing vocals- Ian McCormack, Zak Freed, Kristina Freed, Chris Herin, Jeff Whittle, Tim Michling, Karl van der Velden, Steve Feehan, Cecilia Johnson, Dana Mader, Susan Felbeck Schreiber, James Anderson, Shannon Ford, Dan Harris, Dan Welch, Charles Saenz, Bonnie Shrider, Christine Potter, Ellen Pizza, Christopher Joseph.
Full track credits and lyrics are on Bandcamp.com.
Recorded in analog and mixed digitally. All instruments are real, played by real people, not autotuned nor recorded to a timing grid. Virtually all effects (echo, reverb, eq, compression, phase shifting, etc.) were analog, done with tape or environmental. It was important that it had the same organic feel, sound, and atmosphere contained in the original 5 previous Pillbugs albums.
I apologize for the long wait to those who have waited. We hope you find these 26 new tracks to be worth it. Post any questions you have here and we'll do our best to answer them.
Love to you all from The Pillbugs.
Mark Mikel

thanks for this heads up Mark. Actually it's been on my 'to do' list for some time to check their back catalogue in case there's something I've missed.

Thanks Kirk the Pillbugs rock in my ears hope you are well my friend

I knew you'd be happy to hear about this Phil...
Even though it's download only, the flac files are 24bit / 96kHz and sound AMAZING!! Four years in the making and most definitely worth the wait.

Man oh man!
This is the BAGG OF SAMMY.

The bestest of any popsike release since the late 80s.

Eureka! a band that pleases progsters & popsikers in equal measures