UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
VA-Battle Of The British Birds

V/A Battle Of The British Birds
This a comp of two lesser known British singers that I compiled from various sources. I used to like the Battle Of The Bands comps so thought this would sit well with them

Friday Brown
Friday Brown is an English singer-songwriter from the Walkden, Lancashire, England. She was active from the mid-1960s through to the mid-1980s, recording seven solo singles and one LP in the UK. Her most well-known record was the single "32nd Love Affair", which was co-written with her sister, Barbara Stockley. Wikipedia

Jan Panter
British singer Jan Panter issued just four singles in the UK. She is best known for her work with German producer Mark Wirtz, notably on the 1966 fuzz guitar fest Scratch my back. Inexplicably, however, her take on Mary Wells’s My two arms - you = tears has remained overlooked by Brit girl aficionados.
Jan Panter is a bit of a mystery, though the singer is known to have hailed from north London.
In late 1964, aged 16, she recorded the charming Yours sincerely for Colino Productions. The song had been written by French producer Mark Wirtz (who is best known for 1967’s Excerpt from ‘A teenage opera’, and who went on to work with other Brit girls Samantha Jones and Ross Hannaman), but it failed to gain a release.[Readysteadygirls]
Tracks are
01 - Jan Panter - Yours Sincerely.mp3
02 - Jan Panter - My Two Arms Minus You = Tears.mp3
03 - Jan Panter-Put Yourself In My Place .mp3
04 - Jan Panter - Stella in Lights.mp3
05 - Jan Panter - Scratch My Back.mp3
06 - Jan Panter - Estrella brillante .mp3
07 - Friday Brown - 32nd Love Affair .mp3
08 - Friday Brown - Take What You Want [Unreleased].mp3
09 - Friday Brown - The Outdoor Seminar.mp3
10 - Friday Brown - Getting Nowhere .mp3
11 - Friday Brown - Born A Woman .mp3
12 - Friday Brown - Ask Any Woman .mp3

https://www.mediafire.com/file/49qfngsxrp0u99e/VA-Battle_Of_The_British_Birds.zip/file