UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Arcadium re on Sunbeam

Just came today, forgot I ordered it to be honest. Really nice package with repro of the 45 in pic sleeve, promo poster and glossy book with pics and their story.

I was probably most intrigued to hear the acetate only first mix of the LP and I have to say, it is amazing, quite different to the final mix in lots of ways and I may actually prefer the mix here. Most surprising is the audio quality, which is very high indeed. It is actually so good, I wonder if this was genuinely sourced from an acetate.

Anyway, one of my favourite psych/prog crossover LPs and very nice to have this, highly recommended.

Re: Arcadium re on Sunbeam

wow, didn't know about this... a bit strange the Sunbeam website is no more available, though, it helped to keep updated with the releases. I discovered the Wizz Jones one just by chance...

Me either. Thanks for the heads up on this one.

Hi there,

You can get the 2CD version + 45 on ebay for £10 from here - ordered mine last night..!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254914232902?ViewItem=&item=254914232902

I was checking out this reissue on discogs and found this..

https://www.discogs.com/user/nojiveclive

Hi, I was the guitar/violin player with Anaconda, and am very interested in any recorded material. We recorded a full album at Pye Nova Sound Studio, Marble Arch, London in 1971. I have never heard it since although I have heard of its existence somewhere. The manager was Mike Noble, the producer was Shel Talmy and the album was engineered by Hugh Murphy. It was never finally mixed. Please inform me of any acetates, tapes, cassettes whatever! My name is Clive Timperley and you can look me up right here in discogs.

Haven't some Anaconda tracks turned up somewhere?

Very interesting news, just replied. Hope it will help ;)

Thanks Gian.