UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hardin & York-Candlelight from Tomorrow Today lp(Nov 69)+New Box Set

i will do Paul,but i can tell you the follow up album to Tomorrow Today,titled "The Worlds Smallest Big Band"was disappointing for me,not a patch on that fab debut,and unfortunately has some filler material on it,its no surprise really as theyd been on constant tour schedule,and had not had the time to write a full album of new material when it came to the second album,so you have in my opinion filler like Rock N Roll Medley and Northern Medley,i didnt enjoy either,to be blunt,this must be for me one of the biggest disappointments of a second album i've heard,after the excellence of their debut,so in my opinion a bitter disappointment,plus more piano this time,and less organ dominated stuff,yes there are some decent tracks like The Pike and I cant find my way Home......just not enough.I've had cds of all their albums for years,but that second album has not improved to my ears in all that time,its certainly not a grower for me,some may like it,i don't.In my opinion all the out takes from the debut are better than most of the material on the second album.

I shall leave some feedback on here once i start working my way through the live stuff,so maybe tomorrow i'll get some time to give them a good listen,and give my opinion on them,including quality of sound,audience noises,i'll be honest i'm not a great lover of live albums with audience,so it maybe hard to raise enthusiasm,for those live albums.

Thanks Stuart.

Paul:relaxed:

I'm with Stuart regarding live albums they just dont do it for me so would put me off getting this box set

Rarely a fan of live albums either, although I'll make an exception for Thin Lizzy-Live & Dangerous

Big fan of the debut LP, but never ventured beyond that as what I heard didn't light my candle. Candlelight is one of my favourite tracks, sounds great on 45 too...