UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Think I’m Going Weird: Original Artefacts From The British Psychedelic Scene 1966-68

Thanks for the heads up Mark.

Re: Think I’m Going Weird: Original Artefacts From The British Psychedelic Scene 1966-68

I noticed that Medium Rare kindly posted their acetate on the tube a few years back. Quite a sound for 16 year olds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrUr680aK_k

Bringing this back to the top now that it's finally in my hands and ears.
Arrived in Canada on Wednesday and I'm just starting to dig in now, just past the halfway point of CD1: Status Quo and 'Sunny Cellophane Skies' (have I ever heard it sound THIS good? I don't think so.)
I'm really quite happy with what the good folks at Grapefruit have done with this so far. Nice book-style packaging with discs that are easy to access in the individual cardboard page / sleeves. The customary prose of David Wells, full of enlightening details and pages and pages of promo photos, colourful poster reproductions and 45 sleeves.
This is truly one of the best UK Psych compilations I've purchased in a long, long time.. and we've had a lot of good ones. But 'I Think I'm Going Weird' has really raised the bar.