UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Charlie Watts Has Left The Building

Just heard that Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts has passed away aged 80,i must say i've never been a big Rolling Stones music fan(though i rate Between the Buttons,Their Majesties Request,Let It Bleed,Beggars Banquet),but i liked him,he was the quiet one,he was a big jazz man,and a very under stated drummer,always played it low key,never seemed to stick his head out from his drums,at the time you had maniac drummers like Keith Moon,Ginger Baker,Mitch Mitchell,but Charlie never seemed to get much kudos at all,and there he was after all the others had fell,still drumming away,he'd been in the game over 60 years,and i don't think i ever read anything in music papers etc praising this drummer and his capabilities,he seemed to be downplayed even more than Ringo Starr.....The Beatles split in 1970!!!

I cant stand Jagger,Richards,Ronnie Wood(He was so cool,what happened to him?) and Paedo Wyman,of course Brian Jones was another who seemed to get downplayed in the Stones,even after his death.In my opinion The Rolling Stones had just been about money making for decades,their musical legacy as far as i was concerned was still back in the late 60s early 70s,i cant think of any album since the early 70s worth mentioning....they became something i disliked in music,became more famous for their lifestyles rather than their continued musical explorations.......i so hope that now,they will retire from performing,fleecing their fans...

Charlie Watts was so unassuming,i couldnt help but like him,he just wanted to play...and go,you got the impression he'd rather spend a night in a jazz club than hang about with overprivileged pop stars......so heres to Charlie Watts.....may you Rest In Peace!!!!

Re: Charlie Watts Has Left The Building

RIP Charlie I only enjoyed their albums up to and including Satanics..

Re: Charlie Watts Has Left The Building

:disappointed: :disappointed: :disappointed: