UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: what are ya listening to?

Cool reviews, Paul. I was wondering about the Beau Brummels, so that was good to read. 😀👍

Great reviews. Compacted Ear Wax-top band name Paul.

Yes indeed! I had to have both ears flushed out (several times), I must have had a good few decades worth of compaction in them! Now I can hear properly again thankfully.

:blush:

Bit surprised at the low esteeem for Triangle Paul, for me that is their best. I think it is a mini masterpiece and a work of art. I consider it the American Odyssey and Oracle. I like Bradley's Barn too, but gets a bit too straight country for me at times.

Yes, I may improve my opinion on a second listening of Triangle. Sometimes I find it better to listen to selected discs for a second time from a box set in isolation just to get a better idea of it on its own terms. Coming to Triangle after listening to several great BB discs of self-written material I found it rather stilted in comparison. If I just lift it from the box and play it in isolation I might think more of it. Bradley's Barn I felt was a better indicator of a progression from the lightly country inflected folk rock / pop numbers of their previous years and made more sense in a way.

PM:slightly_smiling_face:

listening to hens teeth vol 3 dirty fat bulldog on the wheel