UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: blossom toes

No unfortunately not Paul,i can think off 2 though not psych,but still may interest some who come here,there is the Gullivers Travels featuring Mike D'Abo,that was released on the Instant label,the short subdsidiary of Immediate.

There is one story i love that was narrated with the beautiful and rather relaxing voices of Judi Dench and Michael Hordern,of The Butterfly Ball and the Grasshoppers Feast,and the music and vocals on this rather beautiful album is no other than Edwards Hand,ex of Picadilly Line,Rod Edwards(also in Jade too) and Roger Hand.It was recorded and put together between October 1974 to August 1975 at Decca Studios,and features musicians like Gerry Conway and Tony Carr,the narration was done at Air Studios and was engineered by one. Geoff Emerick.

It's a totally different beast to the Roger Glover version,and i do enjoy the Roger Glover and Friends version.........the music on the Judi Dench and Michael Hordern version,is just sublime,mostly soft and gentle acoustic with beautiful harmonising from Edwards Hand,while Judi and Michael give us their voices that you could quite easily slip into.

This all entailed with the new verse written by William Plomer to go with the 28 beautiful new illustrations by Alan Aldridge,resulting in the illustrated book of The Butterfly Ball And The Grasshopper's Feast .This album was released in tandem with the release off the new illustrated book,with the poems set to lovely music by Rod Edwards and Roger Hand,and off course the immistsakable voices of Judi and Michael...it really is a lovely album to listen to,and the cd i have is WIZZ 0801,with the website "info@wizardpresents.co.uk",the cd is immaculate,you could hear a pin drop ,it really is that good,sounds fabulous.

Thr only other things that come to mind are the Timothy Leary albums,where he talks over music for meditating or taking a trip.

Joe,yes there is going to be an extended 2 cd set of BB Blunder "Workers PLaytime",as far as i know set for April,with 2 additional BBC tracks never before released,but apart from that it seems to be the exact same tracklist as cd 2 on Sunbeams cd reissue,this new version is coming from Esoteric Records..

Interesting, Stuart. Maybe this time we’ll get an uncut “New Day,” although I have yet to hear one on any CD. I did enjoy the long bonus tracks on the Sunbeam release a while back.