UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Flaming Star

john is my older brother and as far as i can remember only 2 copies of the album were pressed. john has one but the other band members do not have copies. bizarrely someone has posted the album using photos of the album. so somehow someone must have gotten the other copy. he also said said 2 copies of a single were pressed but they have vanished. if you want to know anything else just ask and i will pass it on to john

russell steele
john is my older brother and as far as i can remember only 2 copies of the album were pressed. john has one but the other band members do not have copies. bizarrely someone has posted the album using photos of the album. so somehow someone must have gotten the other copy. he also said said 2 copies of a single were pressed but they have vanished. if you want to know anything else just ask and i will pass it on to john
I wrote to a record label called Seelie Court about Flaming Star and they knew about the band and are very interested in releasing the Lp's officialy on Vinyl and CD.

They've issued over 60 records in the last year and had some sleeve notes by Rick Wakeman, they would like to speak to your brother about a deal, could you write to them directly on their email ? i for one would love to buy reissues of this band and theLPs I bought from them are high quality- they said you can contact them on ; seeliecourt@email.com

What an interesting thread of posts,i LOVE hearing of groups who did their own thing,things that get called private pressings these days,which is an area largely untapped for me,but a label like Seelie Court are giving me the chance to hear those albums and recordings from little known groups and artistes,who get each member off the group a press off said album........and that's it!!I love all that.

Immense feeling knowing that "we created that",and for many groups or individuals within the group,that was enough ..it fulfilled their own personal goal of recording an album,even getting in a studio,because in truth NOT many people do.......and DON'T want to be the next big thing,i feel reality and fantasy plus unrealistic ambition by many ,does result in major disappointments,but if you do it for yourself,and your mates,family etc...it can be exhilirating on its own,playing the local community centre or hall,can be fulfiling too.....it doesnt always have to be,this could get US a record deal....then others become involved in that process of creating,which can result in the chemistry of the group being unsettled,managers having too much of a say,resulting in great mates within the band,becoming enemies,because the manager or record exec,thinks the guitarist isnt good enough,but in reality,they mean not good looking enough,and does NOT fit with the image the record company wants to portray........so it's no longer the bands thing,its the money mens thing!!

Thats why i LOVE stories like this,and knowing the band not only recorded more than one album,they put it on tape,not on vinyl,excepting the first album....if i read it write....this is right up a label like Seelie Court or Audio Archives who issue little known bands albums that may have only been on an acetate,or on a tape etc...local bands who were grounded in reality,and not being unrealistic,but still should have immense pride in what THEY created.Magic stuff,it's why i've became far more interested in private press,or "vanity" projects,which is a word i don't like,as it gives the impression money was no issue ,but in reality,paying for a studio was damn expensive.......i'll be interested in hearing further things concerning Flaming Star recordings,and a big THANK YOU for sharing the information!!