UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Geoff Goddard & Mike Read- "Flight 19 / Yesterday's Heroes" (Demo). Some information?

Hello Jose,Mike Read was a big dj and tv personality on BBC radio one and BBC1,he was in 60s bands Just Plain Smith,Amber,Just Plain Jones and also recorded as Mic Read,i asked him about both songs you have asked about,he has told me they were both recorded in the 90s at Reading University,and he's sure both are available on cd somewhere,he also said both are up on youtube at this time.
Unfortunataly he couldn't give more information,but they were just demos,and they where the only songs they wrote together.
I hope this helps in some way.

Re: Geoff Goddard & Mike Read- "Flight 19 / Yesterday's Heroes" (Demo). Some information?

Thanks Stuart for the info.
He had these two songs on a rare comp. titled "Geoff Goddard 1961-1963 + Demos from the Joe Meeks Tea Tapes", without any additional information, although evidently the sound was not that of the 60's.
I think they are two excellent songs, although it has to be taken into account that they are demos, since the instrumentation is very poor, I suppose that recorded with a band they would be very, very good.
cheers
José

Here is a humble work on this demo on one of my blogs:
https://spanishblogsdreamteam.blogspot.com/2022/10/geoff-goddard-mike-read-flight-19.html?sc=1665497737621#c8268123204277206319
Enjoy!