UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: MY OWN PERSONAL THOUGHTS ON "SEELIE COURT"CD RELEASES.

10 new Seelie Court releases have appeared on the Discogs database for this label and there are definitely fotos of them so they must exist! I definitely want the Bodkin lp it shows the gatefold adapted from the original sleeve and it looks like a genuine Vertigo cover from 73 in my opinion.

There's also comments about delays getting lps made affecting the record labels, I've heard about that and it must be the reason "going quiet" you mention above.

It says they've been taken over by new distribution.

And that they have FOURTEEN Dark lps in preparation! And a 7 CD Box Set! Could be another reason for the quiet doing that project? , says the Dark stuff is already mastered but no release date. Don't understand how there can be 14 Dark lps!

Looks to me like that label rode the storm.

Re: MY OWN PERSONAL THOUGHTS ON "SEELIE COURT"CD RELEASES.

THIS is good news indeed!!Thank you for the update,much appreciated!!!
I've been hoping they weren't going the way other labels have,it's tough enough in normal circumstances for small labels,but in the economic atmosphere that there is at this time and with problems in supply chains globally,they and other small labels and businesses as a whole are doing well to survive the shitshow that has been upon us for well over 2 years,and this "you'll own nothing and be happy about it"bollocks that billionaires operating in the dark are pushing.
I look forward to seeing some new product from Seelie Court,as for a 7 cd Dark set,i personally have 4 cds so far bought from a band member,so who knows ,i've a feeling this chap has many tapes digitised,as the cds i have sound good for their tapes of recordings vintage and also have sleeves and basic info,including acoustic demos etc.so a box set would be very welcome indeed.