UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SEELIE COURT ON RADIO SOHO TODAY 16.00-18.00

Hi, I've been informed by my label that they have a 45 minute mix being broadcast live on the Shindig Magazine Sessions on Radio Soho today 27th September between 4pm and 6pm.

https://sohoradiolondon.com/schedule/

It's all Heavy Progressive Rock including one of our tracks and is themed about the Ukraine Conflict, including some unknown music.

Some old band called Soho Orange too...

Bertrand Russell and HG Wells are also in the mix!

I've heard the mix in advance and think it's something special. (Maybe I am biased)

In case anyone here is interested?

This will be my first ever radio play in 50 years since we made our track.

Anonymous Bassist!

Re: SEELIE COURT ON RADIO SOHO TODAY 16.00-18.00

Who is the band at approximately 1hr 25m playing before Dark In The Sky ? Does anyone know that artist ?

The mix is on the Soho Radio website Shindig Sessions and on Mixcloud.

There is a very heavy prog rock song and I don't recognise the band, it's in the style of Leaf Hound or Writing On The Wall but not any LP I ever heard. It only has a short clip.

If you know which band it is please inform me on this forum, I have heard most heavy prog albums but this one is total mystery and very good, very wild sound.

Thank you
Vlad

I haven't listened to it yet but according to the tracklist it's Soho Orange.

Ellie thanks but Soho Orange is not the track, I can hear these songs in middle of mix-

Dark - live for today
Grannie

1.25h MYSTERY SONG?!? VERY SHORT CLIP - "RUNNING AND HIDING, LOOK OUT! I'LL CATCH YOU! IM FALLING!"

heavy organ and wild singing. It's not Dark. Maybe it's from a single? It's not any Lp I know.

Then
Dark - in the sky

The unknown song is positioned at time of 1.25h on the Soho radio session

https://sohoradiolondon.com/show/shindig-broadcast-27-09-2022/

Can anyone help?

Ps I can't find tracklist in site.

Thanks!

Sorry, I wasn't reading he track listing correctly. The track listing can be found here:

https://www.shindig-magazine.com/?p=5747

That track is just listed as by an unknown artist.

It sounds like something Walter Geertsen or Phillip Collignon played to me over the phone in the 1990s , I don't remember which guy. Both were record dealers and collectors. It was a heavy UK private from 1972 or 1973 and they wanted a lot of money.like $4000 dollar. It was probably Walter, because he had ultra rare LPs at that time.

I think the band or LP was called LUCIFERS DAUGHTER or something similar and it did not have a cover which decided me not to buying it. Never heard about again. The clip has memorable voice and Organ that I remember. Different track . Lyrics I remember were about a journey into Hell.

Maybe I should have bought it.