UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SEELIE COURT ON RADIO SOHO TODAY 16.00-18.00

Who is the band at approximately 1hr 25m playing before Dark In The Sky ? Does anyone know that artist ?

The mix is on the Soho Radio website Shindig Sessions and on Mixcloud.

There is a very heavy prog rock song and I don't recognise the band, it's in the style of Leaf Hound or Writing On The Wall but not any LP I ever heard. It only has a short clip.

If you know which band it is please inform me on this forum, I have heard most heavy prog albums but this one is total mystery and very good, very wild sound.

Thank you
Vlad

I haven't listened to it yet but according to the tracklist it's Soho Orange.

Ellie thanks but Soho Orange is not the track, I can hear these songs in middle of mix-

Dark - live for today
Grannie

1.25h MYSTERY SONG?!? VERY SHORT CLIP - "RUNNING AND HIDING, LOOK OUT! I'LL CATCH YOU! IM FALLING!"

heavy organ and wild singing. It's not Dark. Maybe it's from a single? It's not any Lp I know.

Then
Dark - in the sky

The unknown song is positioned at time of 1.25h on the Soho radio session

https://sohoradiolondon.com/show/shindig-broadcast-27-09-2022/

Can anyone help?

Ps I can't find tracklist in site.

Thanks!

Sorry, I wasn't reading he track listing correctly. The track listing can be found here:

https://www.shindig-magazine.com/?p=5747

That track is just listed as by an unknown artist.

It sounds like something Walter Geertsen or Phillip Collignon played to me over the phone in the 1990s , I don't remember which guy. Both were record dealers and collectors. It was a heavy UK private from 1972 or 1973 and they wanted a lot of money.like $4000 dollar. It was probably Walter, because he had ultra rare LPs at that time.

I think the band or LP was called LUCIFERS DAUGHTER or something similar and it did not have a cover which decided me not to buying it. Never heard about again. The clip has memorable voice and Organ that I remember. Different track . Lyrics I remember were about a journey into Hell.

Maybe I should have bought it.