UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
4 NEW CD RELEASES END OF THIS WEEK-An expensive day!!

Friday is a busy and expensive day for 60s music enthusiasts,as the following are all being released on Friday 28th October:

Hard Meat-The Space Between- 3 cd set-including both their fab albums,plus a unreleased 1969 album.This is from Cherry red,either Esoteric or Grapefruit.

The Montanas-Their complete 60s and 70s recordings on 2 cds by BGO,as far as i know this is the first time that both their 60s and 70s releases have been comped together,and i am excited about this as some of their 70s material is excellent......edit-Unfortunately this has been held back AGAIN,for the third time,new release date November 4th,originally intended for a September release.

Merrel Fankhauser-Goin Round In My Mind-The Exiles,Fapardokly,HMS Bounty and MU-This is a mouthwatering box set from Grapefruit,including the Fapardokly,HMS Bounty and MU albums,plus unreleased recordings from pre Fapardokly group The Exiles,little known and unissued MU recordings from the early 70s,this looks a topper,i do have much that is on this box set,but to have unissued material along with all the other material in one place is trully fab.

Climb Aboard My Roundabout-The British toytown Sound 1967-74.3 cd set from Grapefruit-I know some are highly anticipating this release,even though much that is included is available elsewhere strewn across so many different comps,legit or not.I for one can be counted among them,as Grapefruit usually find the best sourced material,and do wonders on the sound,so to hear much of this 3 cd set in best sound possible and with informative liners in a booklet with photos and memorabilia,what's NOT to like?
Grapefruit have found a winning formula with their 3 cd clamshell box sets,but one wonders how long can they keep it up with these UK psych comps,till they regurgitate the same material over and over,and in truth,i have saw people mention that concerning 60s UK psych,indeed much of what they include on those psych 3 cd clamshell box sets have been comped before,in particular by the defunct Castle/Sanctuary,but there are beauties that have NEVER been comped that they have included,funnily enough John Reed was the man at Castle,who is now at Grapefruit with Dave Wells.

ANOTHER TO LOOK OUT FOR NOVEMBER 18th

The Mirage-The World Goes On Around You-This is ANOTHER mouthwatering release,an expanded 3 cd Mirage set,including the album they did as Jawbone,and the single they did on the Carnaby Label,along with ALL the material included on the previous cd issue by RPM,plus more ...i predict this could be among the collections of the year for UK psych enthusiasts,alongside the 2 cd Tintern Abbey collection.

Its so good to see,no shortage of new Psych and related releases on cd,as many reissue labels switched to vinyl only,but good old Cherry Red stuck it out with cd,and it looks like others are returning like Sundazed,who seemed to abandon cd for a while,but with stupid prices being asked for vinyl reissues,the demise of the cd is not as concluded as many thought......3 cheers for that i think!!!!

Enjoy emptying your pockets!!!!